Trip Report and Pictures: Jack Frost 3-20--5
1 post
1 user
5k+ views
shearer519
March 24, 2005
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
149 posts
Last Sunday I took what will most likely be my last ski trip of the season. I decided to check out a Pocono ski areas since I have never skied the eastern part of the state. After a quick search I realized my choice was pretty easy when I saw that Jack Frost had free lift tickets. I left Sunday morning and soon found myself driving through a pretty significant rain storm but I pressed on knowing that if it doesn't clear up then all I am out was a few bucks in gas. This turned out to be a great move. After a quick stop for lunch we arrived at the mountain around 11.

At this point there was only a light drizzle so a decided it was time to hit the slopes. The snow was a wet slush that can be fun to turn in. The coverage was excellent with no bare spots showing on the entire mountain. I started out on a few of the blues right in front of the lodge. These blues were nothing exciting (two of them had terrain parks) the terrain parks weren't that good on Sunday and in disport need of a recut. The blues provided some fun high speed runs. After about three runs the light drizzle stopped and that was the last of the rain I saw all day. I slowly worked my way east on the mountain and I did it the trails got more and more difficult. The eastern most blues were really fun you could get a lot of speed and a few lips on the trails you could jump.

The first couple blacks weren't very exciting just slightly steeper then the blues. Thunderbolt was a fun trail with bumps all the way down, a good trail to learn bump technique on. Finally when I entered the farthest eastern potion of the mountain and I was greeted with a completely different side of Jack Frost. I was expecting a pretty tame area but the east mountain proved that there is a difficult side to Jack Frost too. I found all kinds of steeps and bumps. There were also some really nice looking tree runs that were obviously closed at this point in the year. Looking in the woods you could see that they would be pretty tough and there were even some places to jump over cliffs.

Most of the people there that day were beginners but it is hard to say if that is what a normal day would be like. I guessed that with free skiing there were a lot of people who wanted to give skiing a try. I never encountered a lift line all day but again the rain probably helped to keep the crowds down. Overall Jack Frost was a very pleasant ski area that I would visit again sometime.

A quick look at their conditions show that they still have everything open except the glades and just received 10 inches of fresh snow. They will be open until the 26th at least with 20 buck lift tickets so if anyone is in the area it might be worth to check out.

For Pictures of my trip check out Ski Shots
[url]Last Sunday I took what will most likely be my last ski trip of the season. I decided to check out a Pocono ski areas since I have never skied the eastern part of the state. After a quick search I realized my choice was pretty easy when I saw that Jack Frost had free lift tickets. I left Sunday morning and soon found myself driving through a pretty significant rain storm but I pressed on knowing that if it doesn't clear up then all I am out was a few bucks in gas. This turned out to be a great move. After a quick stop for lunch we arrived at the mountain around 11.

At this point there was only a light drizzle so a decided it was time to hit the slopes. The snow was a wet slush that can be fun to turn in. The coverage was excellent with no bare spots showing on the entire mountain. I started out on a few of the blues right in front of the lodge. These blues were nothing exciting (two of them had terrain parks) the terrain parks weren't that good on Sunday and in disport need of a recut. The blues provided some fun high speed runs. After about three runs the light drizzle stopped and that was the last of the rain I saw all day. I slowly worked my way east on the mountain and I did it the trails got more and more difficult. The eastern most blues were really fun you could get a lot of speed and a few lips on the trails you could jump.

The first couple blacks weren't very exciting just slightly steeper then the blues. Thunderbolt was a fun trail with bumps all the way down, a good trail to learn bump technique on. Finally when I entered the farthest eastern potion of the mountain and I was greeted with a completely different side of Jack Frost. I was expecting a pretty tame area but the east mountain proved that there is a difficult side to Jack Frost too. I found all kinds of steeps and bumps. There were also some really nice looking tree runs that were obviously closed at this point in the year. Looking in the woods you could see that they would be pretty tough and there were even some places to jump over cliffs.

Most of the people there that day were beginners but it is hard to say if that is what a normal day would be like. I guessed that with free skiing there were a lot of people who wanted to give skiing a try. I never encountered a lift line all day but again the rain probably helped to keep the crowds down. Overall Jack Frost was a very pleasant ski area that I would visit again sometime.

A quick look at their conditions show that they still have everything open except the glades and just received 10 inches of fresh snow. They will be open until the 26th at least with 20 buck lift tickets so if anyone is in the area it might be worth to check out.

For Pictures of my trip check out Ski Shots
Ski Shots - Jack Frost

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?