Mini Report from Bryce 1/10
1 post
1 user
4k+ views
hoyadrew
January 12, 2015 (edited January 12, 2015)
Member since 12/19/2005 🔗
147 posts

Headed to Bryce to complete my tour of Virginia's ski mountains on Saturday night and continue helping a friend get some practice in.  Lift tickets were 20.99 on Liftopia for the night session (4:30-8:30pm).  No lift lines whatsoever and quite cold (around 15F).  Snow was in good shape on the green run from the top, although some of the blues open for night skiing were a little crunchier with some ice.  Small mountain, but I loved being able park practically slopeside, the lack of crowds and the cheap lift tickets.  An excellent place to teach someone how to ski.  Spent the night at the newish Hampton Inn in Woodstock, which is about a half hour away AND has a functioning heated indoor pool and hot tub.

Made a quick stop on the way home at Cobbler Mountain Cellars which is about 15 mins south of I-66 from exit 23 (Delaplane).  They are a winery, but they also produce cider, which was the draw for us.  You can taste all of their brews for $5.  Really enjoyed the cider and the scenery and was surprised that I liked the pumpkin spice cider as much as I did.  They don't distribute in the DC area yet, but the Matchbox in Merrifield has two of their ciders on tap currently.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.