Blue Knob Jan 24
5 posts
2 users
2k+ views
camp
January 23, 2015
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

MIght be a solo tripper tomorrow if the radar continues to look good.  Maybe with BK being higher it'll get more snow and none of the rain, even though it looks like it won't be in the bulls-eye on this one.

I'll probably be in green on broken heel pieces.

Say hey if you see me.

Antoine
January 25, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

How was it?

camp
January 25, 2015
660 posts

Antoine wrote:

How was it?

They got about 5-6" of fluffy, but not enough to open anything new. It was also pretty dusted off by the time I hit it at 10:15-ish. I skied it for about 2 hrs, then did some XC/BC exploring for about 3 hrs.

I was on the Blue trail near the road to the towers (Herman Point) and found a lot of tracks.  A couple of snowboarders dropped into a line before I caught up to them.  I assumed it drained into Jack Rabbit but didn't follow it (dark/late/solo).  Also skied outside of Stembogan on a (flat) doubletrack that led into another doubletrack that I've skied before.  Most of my 3-hr tour was on the State Park side of the road.

Antoine
January 25, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

Always wanted to explore BK  to a large extent never happens though... One day O hope. Did you see the drop from east wall near the bowl i talked about earlier? I dont know maybe evryone is better then me but it looked mean! What about skyline? Looked like it might be openable a week ago when I went if they got a storm.

camp
January 27, 2015
660 posts

Antoine wrote:

Always wanted to explore BK  to a large extent never happens though... One day O hope. Did you see the drop from east wall near the bowl i talked about earlier? I dont know maybe evryone is better then me but it looked mean! What about skyline? Looked like it might be openable a week ago when I went if they got a storm.

I know what you mean, and this time I made myself explore since I was solo and it wasn't that great on the slopes.  However,  being solo limited some of my decisions.  Anyway, no I did not find the line you mentioned.  I looked on my way to the Bowl, but I wasn't sure where to look.  I saw the D Trail, but don't think that's what you're talking about.  

The glades weren't open though some were skiing them.  They were noisy.  Now, a lot of them are open.  It's probably really good there today.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.