Summer Skiing
6 posts
5 users
2k+ views
liketoskidad
June 11, 2015
Member since 10/19/2007 🔗
29 posts

I see there is still a little snow on the Slopes at 7 Springs.  With the coming 90 degree days do you think there will be any left on the first day of summer for a SHORT run?

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
June 11, 2015
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

That would be 2 really short runs.  With all the rain we've had here in W PA this spring, I'm shocked that there are remnants of snow up there.

Antoine
June 11, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

There is grass skiing in bryce va And there is also some snowflex in lynchburgh va. And bluedon you should of seen how much snow they made for superpark19

AndyGene
June 12, 2015
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

Is Bryce doing grass skiing this year?  Their website says they did not do it in 2014, but has no info on 2015.  I've been watching youtube videos of it, and it looks fun.  

Also has anyone done the snowflex?  I kind of want to make a weekend trip there to try it.

Antoine
June 12, 2015
Member since 10/20/2014 🔗
275 posts

Yes Andy i have done snowflex and I'm going agian this summer. If terrain park is your forté then its great but it's filled up with park features now, yes you can squeeze through them but again it's not the same feel. As for the actuall material it's pretty similar not much of a learning curve EXCEPT this shuffle is really slipper. I was doing a hockey stop for a jump but it just slipped from under me. Aditionaly you can get so much speed on the top hill it kinda scares you about stopping. But you still stop, Idk maybe a diffrent fabric (when I went it was brownish cuz of water issues) but i think it worth it if you dont mind a big butt pull lift and rope tow to go there.

Norsk
June 15, 2015
Member since 05/13/2003 🔗
317 posts

Was at Bryce last weekend.  No sign of grass skiing. They've really invested in their bike park, plus have zipline and summer tubing.  

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.