Ragged Mountain NH?
4 posts
3 users
2k+ views
sailandski22
July 28, 2015
Member since 02/13/2014 🔗
24 posts

Was looking to see if anyone has spent anytime in Ragged Mountain NH? A limited number of free places to sleep is the reason I always get a WISP pass, and it came with a good local exchange program with Blue Knob, 7S, SS etc. Apparently that is now wintergreen and Ragged. Was looking to see if it was worth gettting up there for a 4-5 day trip?

JimK - DCSki Columnist
July 29, 2015
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Ragged Mtn is supposed to be very good for a 1250’ vertical mtn including some challenging terrain, but I’ve never been there.  Just speculating, but at that size it might get a little old after two or three days.  In which case you could easily trip over to nearby Sunapee or Gunstock for a little skiing variety.  You are not too far from beautiful Lake Winnipesaukee for an off day of hiking, snowmobiling, X-C skiing, or just for a scenic car drive and lakeside meal.   You are also not too far from two of my favorites up there;  for size Killington, VT 70mi/90minutes, for beauty Wildcat, NH 90mi/2hours.

Denis - DCSki Supporter 
July 30, 2015
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

There's only one way to find out, go and see.  Never been there myself but a nephew living in Boston says its his favorite place for a day trip.  He says they have good terrain, and especially glades.  He has serious ski chops, having waited tables and skied in Aspen for 2 years.  

sailandski22
July 30, 2015
Member since 02/13/2014 🔗
24 posts

Thanks Y'all I know its a little early to start my planning, but having the AC out in the office makes me think about winter. 

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?