Telemark Festival
10 posts
5 users
2k+ views
TomH
February 8, 2017 (edited February 8, 2017)
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

February 25/26 is the annual Timberline Telemark Festival.  Saturday, February 25th is an all day clinic and apres ski party.  The cost is $90 which is a great deal.  This clinic is appropriate for all levels.  I will be participating in the clinic myself and always learn something new.  There will be several level III instructors and several level II instructors.  Classes are very small and the instruction is excellent.  Sunday is the Hash race which costs $10.  So if you want to improve or you are a first timer this is a fantastic way to do either.  If you have any questions fire away.

To sign up on line: https://a.zozi.com/#/express/timberlinefourseasonsresortwv/products/201168

More details: https://www.facebook.com/events/1235430606543647/

crgildart
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

This is also the EpicSki/PugSki/DCSki MidAtlantic Gathering weekend.  We have a house about 100 yards off Winterset.  I was planning on bringing a Telemark rig to try out while skiing greens and easy blues for an hour or two with my daughter as she learns. 

I don't have the bandwidth to devote to a clinic as I will be skiing with the other gatherees and my son on terrain that will be too difficult for me to try free heelling the rest of the time.  This will be my first time lift served telemark since 1982 on rubber boots and skinny skis.  I'm halfway to the current decade now with mid high hard boots and 2005 World Piste/Cobras.  Should be fun!

TomH
February 8, 2017
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

Telemark skiing is great when you are skiing with someone that is learning to Alpine.  Slows you down and gives you a challenge.  I will keep an eye out for the Epic Group and try and introduce myself.  Is your name Craig?

crgildart
February 8, 2017
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

TomH wrote:

Telemark skiing is great when you are skiing with someone that is learning to Alpine.  Slows you down and gives you a challenge.  I will keep an eye out for the Epic Group and try and introduce myself.  Is your name Craig?

Charles

TomH
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

OK Charles I will look for you.  If I see you on telly I can show you a few drills on Sallie that are really good for telemark skiers.

AndyGene
February 8, 2017
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

What makes you think that Sallie will be open then?

TomH wrote:

OK Charles I will look for you.  If I see you on telly I can show you a few drills on Sallie that are really good for telemark skiers.

TomH
February 8, 2017
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

Let's hope so AndyGene.  Believe it or not you can learn a ton on Sallie no matter your level.  Some of my biggest breakthroughs came on that run.

teleman
February 8, 2017
Member since 07/8/2005 🔗
186 posts

There is plenty of snow on Salamander and with another 6" it will be fine. 

AndyGene wrote:

What makes you think that Sallie will be open then?

kwillg6
February 13, 2017
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts

On a side note, the Timberline Ski School is offering a Women's Clinic on the same date at the same time with the same perks.  So if the spouses want to do something with the "girls" it'll promeise to not disappoint.  

kwillg6
February 13, 2017
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts

kwillg6 wrote:

On a side note, the Timberline Ski School is offering a Women's Clinic on the same date at the same time with the same perks.  So if the spouses want to do something with the "girls" it'll promeise to not disappoint.  

It's for the same price.... left that one out.  Two of their best women trainers will be doing the alpine and possibly if there are any snowboarders, they will use one of their best snowboard trainers as well. 

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.