Snowshoe parking
11 posts
6 users
3k+ views
wgo
March 3, 2017
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

I will be up a snowshoe for day on Sunday. I know that the day parking is by top of the world, but I need to pick up my ridiculous pass at the Depot. Will I be able to park in the lot across from the Depot, or will this be gated? If I need to park at top of the world I would need to take a shuttle to get to the Depot, which I would prefer not to do.

rbrtlav
March 3, 2017
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Based on the weather I suspect occupantcy will be high enough it is gates. However there is 30 minute parking right by the depot. I would park there, get your pass and move.

wgo
March 3, 2017
1,666 posts

Perfect! Thanks for the tip.

Bonzski
March 4, 2017
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Based on the weather I suspect occupantcy will be high enough it is gates. However there is 30 minute parking right by the depot. I would park there, get your pass and move.

I agree. Also, I heard they have Ridiculous pass pickup at a different location. Suggest you call to be sure.
wgo
March 4, 2017
1,666 posts

Bonzski wrote:

rbrtlav wrote:

I agree. Also, I heard they have Ridiculous pass pickup at a different location. Suggest you call to be sure.

I did call yesterday and was told the pickup was at the depot. Hopefully the person I spoke to knows what they are talking about!
rbrtlav
March 4, 2017
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Last year on weekends it was in the conference room below the depot. I don't think it is on the map so I think they send you to the depot and had signs pointing where to go.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
March 4, 2017
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

FYI - you are going to be treated to some delightful conditions.  Awesome skiing today.  We bolted to Silver Creek around 11 AM and never looked back.  Ski to lift from 11:30 - 2

FYI 2  - Cupp run is a mogul lovers delight.  It's gone unfroomed for 2 days and is bumped up from top to bottom.  Shays appears to be done for the season.

For a crappy winter, this may have been one of my best days at Snowshoe ...... ever.  It was that good. 

wgo
March 4, 2017
1,666 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

FYI - you are going to be treated to some delightful conditions.  Awesome skiing today.  We bolted to Silver Creek around 11 AM and never looked back.  Ski to lift from 11:30 - 2

FYI 2  - Cupp run is a mogul lovers delight.  It's gone unfroomed for 2 days and is bumped up from top to bottom.  Shays appears to be done for the season.

For a crappy winter, this may have been one of my best days at Snowshoe ...... ever.  It was that good. 

Ok! Hopefully Cupp will still be bumped up on Sunday.
dwm8a
March 4, 2017
Member since 02/23/2017 🔗
55 posts

I picked up my pass today. You can park right out in front of the depot. You pick up the passes in a conference room below the depot as someone said. It was a long line - about a 20 min wait.

wgo
March 6, 2017
1,666 posts

Picked up our passes on Sunday, no problem. Pickup was in the Depot, about a 15 minute wait. Most difficult part was finding a parking spot by the Depot - I grabbed what appeared to me to be the last available spot, and then moved to the Top of the World lot after picking up the passes.

Conditions were good, but probably not quite as good as on Saturday (based on the reports here). Cupp before lunch was really good, a lot of loose snow on top of a firmer surface.

Mellish
March 7, 2017
Member since 03/4/2017 🔗
4 posts

I was there. Damn, it was boss.

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?