4 posts
3 users
2k+ views
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
March 4, 2017
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

So, February goes out like a lamb.  

What ski areas in our region are likely to be open weekdays after this Sunday, March 5?  Maybe we can use this thread to keep track of open ski areas in subsequent weeks as well.  For the week of March 6-10:

• Snowshoe
  • Seven Springs
  • Wintergreen

Any others?

Woody

rbrtlav
March 4, 2017
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Based on the effort roundtop has put in i wouldn't be surprised to see them open this week. Webcams look pretty good compared to just Wednesday and they are still making snow. I can't imagine they would let it go unused this week.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 5, 2017
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Massanutten isn't quite done.  But not open Mon-Thu next week.  Back to basics in terms of terrain over the weekend.  Upper Showtime closed, but Diamond Jim open.

Massanutten website note on 05Mar2017:

The ski slopes will be closed from March 6 - 9 and will reopen March 10 - 12. Snow tubing will remain open daily (weather permitting) from 3pm - 9pm. Late season rates are in effect.

rbrtlav
March 5, 2017
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Roundtop will be open this week. I was there tonight and it's the most I've ever enjoyed their terrain and the snow making was starting again as I left at 9. Take a look at their Facebook for comments. To sum it up, the crowds seemed to come out and everyone seemed to be having a blast. They also have a time lapse of the mountain from Wednesday afternoon through Friday afternoon. It would have been really easy to end the season after those storms, glad the crowds came out this weekend...hopefully that will encourage similar decisions in the future. They should have plenty of snow for at least another week!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?