Brian E left Ski Shoppe, at Alpine?
7 posts
4 users
4k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
September 29, 2017
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Heard from a friend who got boots from Brian Eardley at the Ski Shoppe in Reigerstown last year that he isn't working there any more.  Brian Beaumont is still there.  She was told Eardley was working at Alpine Ski Shop.  Anyone know for sure?

mwg
September 30, 2017
Member since 08/24/2005 🔗
46 posts

Yes, Brian Eardley is now at Alpine Ski Shop  - their Fairfax location.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 3, 2017
3,246 posts

Was announced on the Alpine Ski Shop blog.  Is that BrianE in the middle?

JimK - DCSki Columnist
October 4, 2017 (edited October 4, 2017)
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Yes and I'm pretty sure that is the owners Chris and Tyler Bunch on either side.

I remember some expression from Brian E when the Ski Center gang took over Ski Shoppe that the Reisterstown location was going to be a significant commute for him.  That may explain the switch.  I've done some business with Alpine location in Sterling over the years.  It's a good shop.  Guess I'll have to check out Fairfax store.  Can't take brick and mortar ski shops for granted these days:-o 

BTW, it was at the former Alpine Ski shop location in Tysons Corner around 1972 that I won a pair of Yamaha skis from Spider Sabich, thanks to a promo contest he appeared at that was hosted by Eddie Bunch, founder of the store.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 4, 2017
3,246 posts

JimK wrote:

Yes and I'm pretty sure that is the owners Chris and Tyler Bunch on either side.

I remember some expression from Brian E when the Ski Center gang took over Ski Shoppe that the Reisterstown location was going to be a significant commute for him.  That may explain the switch.  I've done some business with Alpine location in Sterling over the years.  It's a good shop.  Guess I'll have to check out Fairfax store.  Can't take brick and mortar ski shops for granted these days:-o 

BTW, it was at the former Alpine Ski shop location in Tysons Corner around 1972 that I won a pair of Yamaha skis from Spider Sabich, thanks to a promo contest he appeared at that was hosted by Eddie Bunch, founder of the store.

Ah, I thought the two other men looked a lot alike.

My friend who first told me about Earley's move was also thinking that the commute was the primary reason.  She's happy because she lives in DC, so closer for her too.

eggraid
October 4, 2017
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

marzNC wrote:

JimK wrote:

My friend who first told me about Earley's move was also thinking that the commute was the primary reason.  She's happy because she lives in DC, so closer for her too.

Yes, Tyler is on the left in that picture; very nice brothers at Alpine, I'm always happy to support them.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 4, 2017
3,246 posts

eggraid wrote:

marzNC wrote:

JimK wrote:

Yes, Tyler is on the left in that picture; very nice brothers at Alpine, I'm always happy to support them.

Good to know.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?