4k+ views
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2017
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

This from an email I received today;

LOCKED AND LOADED

Blizzard Warning: We're Firing Up!

An icy blast of arctic air is on its way and you know what that means... snowmaking season has arrived. We are firing up the snowmaking system in the early hours of Friday, Nov. 10, and blasting this mountain with beautiful snow. Helping the team this year are more than 70 shiny new HKD snowguns, fresh on the slopes! 

This is just Round One! Winter is almost here and the stoke is very high. There's still time to get ready for the fun. Grab your Season Pass or Super Seven pack today and kick back while the snow piles up! 

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
November 9, 2017
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Awesome.   Snowshoe posted they are too.

I'm taking a leap of faith that if these resorts are going to spend time and money now then they must believe the weather pattern is favorable for the coming weeks!

eggraid
November 10, 2017
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Awesome.   Snowshoe posted they are too.

I'm taking a leap of faith that if these resorts are going to spend time and money now then they must believe the weather pattern is favorable for the coming weeks!

We hope to be skiing at the 'Shoe at Thanksgiving, so we are certainly keeping our fingers crossed

pboulay
November 10, 2017
Member since 11/21/2013 🔗
16 posts

Bryce is blowing snow tonight too.  Kudos to these resorts for being agressive about snowmaking.  Let's hope it pays off!

wgo
November 11, 2017 (edited November 11, 2017)
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Massanutten also. And Wintergreen as well, I think (based on the static pic available - the live webcams are still pointing to the golf course).

No sign of snowmaking activity for Wisp or CVR. And I could not get the TL webcam to load.

imp - DCSki Supporter 
November 23, 2017
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts

springs opening Friday 9-4 also Sat and Sun

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?