Of adjectives and altitudes.
Home
Child care at snowshoe
6 posts from 6 users
Updated 9 days ago
Jump to Newest Post
one year ago

Does anyone here know if snowshoe offers any sort of babysitting or child care service up on the mountain?  My google-fu is failing me on this.  My son is 1 year old, so he can’t ski, and my wife doesn’t ski.  That covers us for 90% of the trip.  But if she wanted to take a few hours to hit the spa or shop by herself is there a service that will watch him for a few hours?

one year ago

AndyGene wrote:

Does anyone here know if snowshoe offers any sort of babysitting or child care service up on the mountain?  My google-fu is failing me on this.  My son is 1 year old, so he can’t ski, and my wife doesn’t ski.  That covers us for 90% of the trip.  But if she wanted to take a few hours to hit the spa or shop by herself is there a service that will watch him for a few hours?

Andy - they do but it’s more along the lines of a “Pre Ski School” for 2 - 4 YOs.  I think they have half and full day programs.  I guess your little guy falls outside of what they offer.

https://www.snowshoemtn.com/plan-your-trip/lessons/ski-and-snowboard-school/pre-ski-school

I wish they had what you needed as well as a kennel nearby.  

one year ago
Do they no longer have daycare? They used to, it was located at Silver Creek.
10 days ago

Did anyone ever find out? I called the main lodge yesterday (12/3/2018) but they said no and nothing about Silver Creek. I have an 11 year-old who has no desire to ski/snowboard but pretty sure he can babysit himself he does at our place now in VA now and then but we’d check-in with him every 2 hours or so. So just curious if anyone ever found out information? 

10 days ago

Day care is for 2 to 4 yr olds only.  Could park him in the Big Top (updated this year).  Also new is some sort of kids zone in Shavers Center.

9 days ago

Check out Gilly Poppins-Nanny at Snowshoe, WV facebook page.  She will watch your children in the evening or ski with them during the day as well as she is a ski instructor.  I would recommend her for sure.

Ad: Massanutten Resort - Now Hiring

Snowcat got your tongue?
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.20 seconds