Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Interesting transportation option in parts of Colorado

Lyft With Ski Rack

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 6, 2017
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

UberSki has been in SLC for a season or two.  The problem is that availability is limited.  So can be a problem for people who are trying to ski on the same day they are flying out in the late afternoon or evening.  Can get pricey compared to a airport shuttle service.

Bonzski
December 7, 2017
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Agree, I was thinking it might be useful for hill-hopping....say you were basing at Breck and wanted to make a day trip to Copper.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 7, 2017
3,246 posts

Bonzski wrote:

Agree, I was thinking it might be useful for hill-hopping....say you were basing at Breck and wanted to make a day trip to Copper.

Ah, that makes sense.  I don't fly to ski in Colorado much.  Altitude is relatively high and Denver is a bit too far a drive that stands a good chance to involve snow and traffic on the main highway.  For that amount of driving, I rather go to places that are not as crowded such as Taos or Big Sky.

Looks like UberSki has expanded in recent years.  Five states out west are listed in a Nov 2017 Uber blog entry about UberSki.  In the screenshot example for a 7 min ride near Vail Village, UberX is about $12 and UberSki is about $20.

https://www.uber.com/blog/colorado/hit-the-slopes-with-uberski/

bob
December 7, 2017 (edited December 7, 2017)
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

Bonzski wrote:

I suspect that Lyt/Uberx woud charge close to $40 to take you from Breck to Copper. It is almost 20 miles by car. Most people would jump on the free bus (if they don't have cars), connect in Frisco and then on to Copper.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 7, 2017
3,246 posts

bob wrote:

Bonzski wrote:

I suspect that Lyt/Uberx woud charge close to $40 to take you from Breck to Copper. It is almost 20 miles by car. Most people would jump on the free bus (if they don't have cars), connect in Frisco and then on to Copper.

What would the travel time difference be?  Perhaps for a group of 4, splitting the cost of LyftSki/UberSki would be worth it first thing in the morning.

bob
December 8, 2017
Member since 04/15/2008 🔗
755 posts

marzNC wrote:

bob wrote:

Bonzski wrote:

What would the travel time difference be?  Perhaps for a group of 4, splitting the cost of LyftSki/UberSki would be worth it first thing in the morning.

I suspect that actualy travel time would be about 30 minutes longer via bus - counting stops and connection time in Frisco. Of course, then there is the problem of having to wait for a bus if you miss the one you want.

Then again there is the problem of Uber surge pricing if lots of people want to leave Copper at the same time.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?