#CheatMtnMagic

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
March 22, 2018
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

Bonzski wrote:

Always fun to dream.....

#CheatMtnMagic

Now if we can beat Villanova on Friday and we get snow on Sat, you and I can celebrate at Hoots with some #MarchMadnessMagic

wgo
March 22, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Haven't been paying attention, but looking forward to watching UVA this weekend....

Wait, what?

eggraid
March 22, 2018
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

wgo wrote:

Haven't been paying attention, but looking forward to watching UVA this weekend....

Wait, what?

That was a low blow

wgo
March 22, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

I live in Charlottesville and was rooting for UVA to win it all this year.

eggraid
March 22, 2018
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

wgo wrote:

I live in Charlottesville and was rooting for UVA to win it all this year.

It's hard to argue that the year didn't exceed expectations, but man, that was sure a painful way to finish the season.

crgildart
March 22, 2018 (edited March 22, 2018)
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

Someone was posting up their UVA shirts and so forth on the local personals as "free, please come take this away,, any my diploma from there too if I can find it".. right after the upset.  My wife didn't get it.... because being a Tar Heel she's used to coming close and losing, but also quite a bit of winning, knowing that a good season is something to be proud of even if you fail in the dance you're still likely to be good again next season and just won it all a few years ago or whatever..

I feel for the UVA folks because they've never won it all and seemed like such an overwhelming favorite to do so this time.  Ya, that's gotta hurt a lot.  Good run though and you'll be back in good shape next season most likely..

eggraid
March 22, 2018
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Yeah, last summer, my first year roommate and I were talking about basketball, saying, "I guess that's it, we had our chance with Brogdon and Perrantes and everyone and now it's over." Thinking along the lines that if you're not one of the big dogs, you don't get a shot very often, and that a couple years ago was our chance and that's that. It's just really hard, even with a great team.

fishnski
Member since 03/27/2005 🔗
3,530 posts

Bonzski wrote:

Always fun to dream.....

#CheatMtnMagic

Thx for posting that Bongski...uh..sorry..bonzski...nobody uses Bongs anymore?....Dunno...stuffs to expensive..above my paygrade......Hey!....this thread has been Hijacked but im bringing back the love for the WV Alpps!....that video was sweet as heck...I grew up watching Vids just like that but they were always at other places..you know..places that actually had those kind of conditions...like in Telluride....
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

wgo wrote:

Wait, what?

A really really low blow!  Go Hoos!!!

Really liked the video!!!

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?