Summer Days in Snowshoe
7 posts
5 users
2k+ views
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
July 30, 2018 (edited July 30, 2018)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

I finally made it to Snowshoe for the Blues, Brews and BBQs festival this weekend.  High 60s Fri and Sat and it hit a whopping 70 on Sunday.  The best part - NO HUMIDITY.

The place really looks different with out snow.

Here's a link to a 360 degree interactive pano photo of the resort and video with a bunch of still photos from 400 feet.

http://go2snowshoe.com/snowshoe-7-29-18/

We'll be skiing in 4 months!

AndyGene
July 30, 2018
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

So if it is that cool up there, do people really swim in the lake/use the inflatables?

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
July 30, 2018
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

AndyGene wrote:

So if it is that cool up there, do people really swim in the lake/use the inflatables?

I did not wander down to the Boathouse this weekend to see.  In the past, I saw swimmers, etc ... but not a ton.  There were A LOT of people around this past weekend.

Bonzski
July 30, 2018
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

AndyGene wrote:

I did not wander down to the Boathouse this weekend to see.  In the past, I saw swimmers, etc ... but not a ton.  There were A LOT of people around this past weekend.

We spent Saturday afternoon on the lake with wife's brother, nefew and his young kids.  They loved it.  Beach chairs/umbrellas was full and all the water contraptions were in use.  Some of those large inflatables had a dozen kids climbing and jumping.  Looks like a hoot.  We love the SUPs and kayaks.

wgo
July 31, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Just got back from a family trip to Ace Adventure Resort near Beckley, WV. They do a good job with their lake - tons of inflatables to slide down/jump off from, a zipline into the lake, etc. Also took some kayaks out on Summersville lake for a few hours of paddling and jumping from rocks.

superguy
August 2, 2018
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

I recommend a rafting trip on the New River for anyone that gets a chance.  We used Adventures on the Gorge and they were really good.  High quality guides that really knew their stuff and solid equipment. I know they also have some camping and dinner packages - and a full service bar at their complex. :D

Gauley Fest will be coming up soon too and will be some great rafting options. Check those out too. :)

wgo
August 2, 2018
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

superguy wrote:

I recommend a rafting trip on the New River for anyone that gets a chance.  We used Adventures on the Gorge and they were really good.  High quality guides that really knew their stuff and solid equipment. I know they also have some camping and dinner packages - and a full service bar at their complex. :D

Gauley Fest will be coming up soon too and will be some great rafting options. Check those out too. :)

We looked into doing the trip on the lower new river but minimum age for that one was 12 - my youngest is 10. They have a gentler option on the upper new but we really were not interested in that one. So for this year we contented ourselves with flatwater kayaking, zipline canopy tours, and the lake waterpark.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?