Massanutten Ski Passes on Sale (20% off, 1 Day Only Sale\In Person - November 17)
4 posts
2 users
2k+ views
hashdefine
November 11, 2018
Member since 02/25/2018 🔗
9 posts

We usually get Wintergreen season passes, and are planning to switch the Massanutten mainly because Wintergreen does not sell passes with no restrictions.

Not sure how the buddy pass vouchers work? Any ideas?

After the discount, I assume the adult pass would be 360 and the student pass 300.

From the email:

"20% Off All Full Ski Season Passes!  
To receive the discount, you must purchase your season pass in person on Saturday, November 17 at the ski office. Plus, receive a Buddy Pass Voucher for a friend with purchase of any ski season pass. Buddy Pass voucher received with Special Value Season Pass purchase is only valid for use when Special Value Pass is valid. 20% discount not valid with any other discounts and does not apply to Special Value pass.
View Ski Season Pass current prices & info here."

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 11, 2018 (edited November 11, 2018)
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

hashdefine wrote:

We usually get Wintergreen season passes, and are planning to switch the Massanutten mainly because Wintergreen does not sell passes with no restrictions.

Not sure how the buddy pass vouchers work? Any ideas?

After the discount, I assume the adult pass would be 360 and the student pass 300.

From the email:

"20% Off All Full Ski Season Passes!  
To receive the discount, you must purchase your season pass in person on Saturday, November 17 at the ski office. Plus, receive a Buddy Pass Voucher for a friend with purchase of any ski season pass. Buddy Pass voucher received with Special Value Season Pass purchase is only valid for use when Special Value Pass is valid. 20% discount not valid with any other discounts and does not apply to Special Value pass.
View Ski Season Pass current prices & info here."

Massanutten has been my home mountain for over 10 years for assorted reasons.  Even though Wintergreen is slightly closer to my house in central NC.  Not being able to get a season pass that includes Saturdays was a factor.  But the fact that I can ski off Lift 6 without waiting in line even on a holiday weekend is more important.  As well as not having to worry about driving up the mountain when it was snowing.  Massanutten does a fantastic job of keeping the resort roads clear with private contractors.

The Special Value Pass is quite a deal by itself at $235.  It's good all day Sunday, M-F, and Saturdays after 4pm because it's good all night sessions.  So that's when the Buddy Pass voucher will be good.  So at 20% off, a Full Value Pass is worth it even only skiing on two Saturdays.  When my daughter was in elementary school I always got a Full Value Pass since we stayed on resort the week before Christmas, both holidays weekends, and one or two other weekends.  My friends who are locals get the Special Value Pass and ski Sundays or mid-week.

Massanutten is unusual because it's a timeshare resort.  Even on holiday weekends, many people staying on resort don't ski/board on Sundays.  They also tend not to get on the slopes on holiday Mondays.  The snow tubing and waterpark are other activities that they want to fit in some time between Sat and heading home on Mon afternoon.

Have you ever skied at Massanutten when all the trails are open?  In particular the connectors between Lift 5 and Lift 6.  By the way, the demo weekend by Freestyle of Charlottesville will be Jan. 12-13.  I'll be there.  Usually not much of a wait to get on skis in the morning.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 11, 2018
3,246 posts

For those who haven't been to Massanutten for the demo days, I put a few pictures into the Massautten 2017-18 thread.  It's really fun when Paradice, DJ, and the connecting trails from Lift 5 are open.  Last Jan it was possible to test out skis on the MakAttack bumps, which hadn't happened in a long time.  Although with all the improvements in snowmaking infrastructure in recent years, as long as Mother Nature provides cold weather it's more likely that MakAttack is fully covered by early January.

http://www.dcski.com/forum/90915

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 11, 2018
3,246 posts

Something tells me Massanutten has vague hopes of getting slopes open by Thanksgiving weekend if the weather stays cold long enough.  Or at least making it look good for the ski swap this weekend.  The snow guns were turned on last night.  Temps went down to 19!  An update was posted on the Snow Conditions webpage.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.