Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts
Crush
November 26, 2018
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Interim President is not interim any longer

NIce that they hired internally - respect !

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 26, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Interesting that the Pres. of Snowshoe will report directly David Perry, Pres. and COO of Alterra.

wgo
November 26, 2018 (edited November 26, 2018)
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

marzNC wrote:

Interesting that the Pres. of Snowshoe will report directly David Perry, Pres. and COO of Alterra.

Wouldn't the presidents of the various Alterra resorts always report directly to the Alterra lead, or is there usually another layer in between?
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

wgo wrote:

marzNC wrote:

Wouldn't the presidents of the various Alterra resorts always report directly to the Alterra lead, or is there usually another layer in between?

Looks like you are correct.  I was confusing Alterra with Vail Resorts.  VR has a separate VP for the resorts in the northeast.  Used to have a VP for the midwest too, but that shifted in the spring.

In a 2017 article about David Perry becoming the COO for Alterra, it was stated that all the resort COOs and the head of CMH (heli operation) would report to him.  At this point, that means a lot of direct reports and a lot of traveling.  We'll see what happens after this first season for Alterra and Ikon.

Alterra wants to have a very decentralized approach to management decisions for specific resorts.  In that case, a flat oranization structure could work.

https://freeskier.com/stories/wildfire-behind-alterras-explosive-rise

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Congratulations Patti.  I look forward to meeting you and enjoying a relationship similar to that I had with Frank DeBerry.  Frank can supply my email address if interested.

Again, Congratulations!!!

Morgan Birge

aka on DCSki: The Colonel and MorganB

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?