Of adjectives and altitudes.
Home
Any News From Canaan & Timberline?
16 posts from 12 users
Updated 17 hours ago
Jump to Newest Post
9 days ago

With the large snowmaking window both CV and TL should be laying down considerable snow!  Status? Opening dates? Trails?

visual sightings?

9 days ago

Canaan has never wavered from their opening on the 14th

T-line said it would be the 7th but has now moved theirs to the 14th  (according to their Facebook page)

not sure about the forecast middle of next week till then, but barring a warmup they both should have good conditions

Scott - DCSki Editor
9 days ago

Canaan Valley Resort posted this update a few days ago.  Tubing and ice skating are already open during weekends and will be open full-time for the season beginning December 15 when the ski slopes open.  Canaan Valley Resort says they plan to have 10 slopes ready to go for opening day, including Timber Trail.

Timberline has started making snow and states that their current projected opening date is December 14.

8 days ago

I just heard Hootie and the Blowfish are getting back together.

8 days ago

jimmy wrote:

I just heard Hootie and the Blowfish are getting back together.

Hey Jimmy, this ski season “I only wanna be with you”…

8 days ago

Good video update from CVR today. Looks like snowmaking is going great there. 

https://www.facebook.com/48261643870/posts/10156213787818871/

7 days ago

I work at Canaan Ski School.  If things go well they will have several trails from the top open on the 15.  I live at the base of Timberline and for the life of me cannot tell.  Their snowmaking is sporatic as are the lift issues they are working to correct. They may be open on the 14th if inspections are completed by that time.  The boil water notice is still in effect and may not be lifted before opening date so bring your own water or check to see if any announcements are made referencing that. Word on the notice is that it’s precautionary and since we are using the water for everything except drinking and haven’t died yet, you should be fine if you use one of the affected properties in the valley.   We had 6” of natural yesterday and may have that much again tonight with lake effects.  If in doubt go to White Grass.  Chip would love it.

23 hours ago

Timberline’s website now says 12/21 will be opening day. 

22 hours ago

bob wrote:

They have bigger issues as of this AM - go to wdtv.com and search for Timberline 

22 hours ago

bob wrote:

Reported elsewhere. That may be optimistic. Some more “unconfirmed rumors” from the T-Line mafia:

https://www.wdtv.com/content/news/Timberline-Four-Seasons-CEO-arrested-for-year-of-unpaid-taxes-502695042.html

Heard about it first from some banned posters here. There used to be a lot of positives to say about T-Line. There has been pretty much nothing good to say in the past few years - coming from a decade long defender of the place. 

And there are other investigations out there.

Adios.

21 hours ago

Sounds like they should have used some of that recapitalization money they got to pay their taxes.  Really stupid to go to jail for such a low amount.

21 hours ago

There was no recapitalization money.

21 hours ago

http://articles.mcall.com/1996-09-18/news/3100492_1_reichle-income-tax-sister-face-tax-charges

The apple doesn’t fall to far from the tree!

21 hours ago

Their mountain/area operations are smaller this year than ever before. 

And per the psc documents, there are *allegations* of improper transfers from utility to affiliates on the order of six figures. So, tip of iceberg.

18 hours ago

bob wrote:

Timberline’s website now says 12/21/2019 will be opening day. 

I fixed it for you bob..

17 hours ago

main real-time visibility imageThe power is back on.

Ad: Canaan Valley Resort

Speak truth to powder.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.20 seconds