Idaho kids ski free program
3 posts
3 users
2k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 17, 2018
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts

http://skiidaho.us/programs/passport?utm_source=OpenSnow&utm_medium=email-banner&utm_campaign=passports%202018 

recently someone asked about this kind of programs in the mid Atlantic and northeast.  I couldn’t find the thread, but this may be of interest for families going west.  It may be for instate residents only, but if so, I didn’t see that. 

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
December 17, 2018 (edited December 17, 2018)
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

I guess I have a reason to go to Idaho next winter...

(I wish)

Pennsylvania has the Snow Pass for 4the and 5th graders -- no residency restrictions. $40 or so. I used it twice with my 4the grader. Our first trip to Whitetail cost the two of us $55 out of pocket. The next trip, considerably more but less than full freight. Maybe this year, our last of the pass, we'll get out more than twice and he can ski some blues with me.

Maybe Virginia or West Virginia could do a 6th grader snow pass? :)

- WFY

2018-2019 DC Commuter Skier preview | Don't hate winter, use it 

eggraid
December 27, 2018
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Denis wrote:

http://skiidaho.us/programs/passport?utm_source=OpenSnow&utm_medium=email-banner&utm_campaign=passports%202018 

recently someone asked about this kind of programs in the mid Atlantic and northeast.  I couldn’t find the thread, but this may be of interest for families going west.  It may be for instate residents only, but if so, I didn’t see that. 

In the FAQ's, it looks like you don't have to live in Idaho:

8. My child doesn’t live in Idaho, can they still use the passport?
a. Absolutely. Any 5th or 6th grade student is welcome to use the passport if they plan on skiing at any of the participating resorts in Idaho. Find out who is participating at skiidaho.us/programs/passport

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.