Best skiing in the mid-Atlantic at the moment?
4 posts
4 users
2k+ views
HVdad
December 27, 2018
Member since 01/9/2018 🔗
94 posts
camp
December 27, 2018
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

In terms of % open, probably where you are.

Gotta give HV props for the great white snow coverage.

msprings
December 27, 2018
Member since 07/4/2014 🔗
153 posts
I was at Snowshoe yesterday and 7 Springs today. Cuddos to Snowshoe for not only their quantity open, but the quality of the snow. One of the best soon days I HAVE EVER HAD IN THE MID ATLANTIC.
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
December 27, 2018 (edited December 29, 2018)
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Normally I'd be raving about Laurel opening with a couple of mile long cruisers and Lower Wildcat, the steepest schuss in the Mid-A  but no, that is not the case. Laurel opened with one top to bottom mile long intermediate cruiser, Broadway, with connectors Ski Top, Deer Path, beginner's handle tow Tame Cat.  Upper Wildcat....you heard right, Wildcat.... Upper Wildcat is a maybe for this weekend. Snow has not been made on Lower Wildcat yet. I'm so disappointed. Since Laurel opened 2 years ago, they always opened with Broadway Upper and Lower Wildcat, Deer Path, et. al. This year we got Broadway. Rumors of fewer air compressors rented and one of them being delivered inoperable, I understand that Laurel is running on half the capacity of compressed air compared to the last two season. That means a lot less snowmaking. Laurel without Wildcat is like a mountain searching for its soul.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?