Stories that give you the chills.
Home
Canaan Valley Terrain Park
18 posts from 7 users
Updated one month ago
1,685 views
Jump to Newest Post
2 months ago

 All of the local resorts have at least one terrain park open.  Anyone hear when CVR plans on building their park or at least adding a few features somewhere on the mountain? The kids don’t want to ski CVR without a park or some features. Looks like we will be heading to Wisp this weekend.

2 months ago
Dont know that Answer SCWA but im pleased by the effort I see at Canaan compared to the past few years…they even went for a small window of Snowmaking early this morn and that was really nice to see…slopes dont look Slammed but they look nice and busy today…put out a product and they will come Canaan..proof in the puddin..it will only get better!…now…what about that Terrain Park Canaan?…comon..you got to Hustle up!!!$$$
2 months ago
Hopefully Canaan will get some help in the form of Natural next week…skiis crossed…
2 months ago

Fish,

I’m hearing rumor’s that last Sunday, December 30, 2018,  CVR sold 1500 lift tickets, which was the largest single day ticket sales in 15yrs.  The ticket window lines were long and extended from the tickets windows past the left side of the lodge.  With the issues with the other ski area, CVR has the opportunity to step up and help people of Tucker County.  But will they?

I understand that CVR has to concentrate on making snow, but at most ski areas opening a terrian park is a priority.  Building a large park takes $, but setting a couple rails or boxes on the side of a trail for customers to enjoy doesn’t take $, just initiative.

Make snow, build a terrain park, and the people will come!

 

2 months ago

Bunch of entitled, privileged spoiled brats LOL!  Back in the day we built our own stinkin’ jumps and got chased by the ski patrol for hitting them.

2 months ago

crgildart wrote:

Bunch of entitled, privileged spoiled brats LOL!  Back in the day we built our own stinkin’ jumps and got chased by the ski patrol for hitting them.

They’re spoiled, especially when it comes to skiing.  If there’s no pow, they get bored skiing groomers all day, so a park is a must.  With all the snow and cold weather, there’s no reason why CVR can’t open up a small park for this weekend.  It doesn’t take much $, just the desire and initiative to open one.

 

2 months ago
No mention on CVR’s website about opening a park this weekend. Looks like the family will spend another weekend at Wisp. Why are they making snow in Ramble instead of Gravity?
2 months ago

So whats up with CVR?  They won’t build a park and they’ve been blowing snow for a week straight and haven’t opened any new trails with snowmaking.  Time for the management at Canaan Valley Resort to step up their game. 

2 months ago

Like I said, we just built our own jumps when the resort wasn’t providing any.  Heck, kids will find anything to launch off of when bored with the traditional terrain.

2 months ago

crgildart wrote:

Like I said, we just built our own jumps when the resort wasn’t providing any.  Heck, kids will find anything to launch off of when bored with the traditional terrain.

You cant just do that Cdart and thats not the point anyway…what about all this great snowmaking weather and no new slopes?…havn”t checked but is Gravity opened?
2 months ago

fishnski wrote:

You cant just do that Cdart and thats not the point anyway…what about all this great snowmaking weather and no new slopes?…havn”t checked but is Gravity opened?

No snowmaking on Gravity.  Opening Gravity and building a terrain park is not a priority for CVR.  Opening Ramble is their #1 priority as they have been blowing on it nonstop for the last week. Hope it opens to the public this weekend. :(

 

2 months ago

Hey guy, slow it down.  They are stepping up their efforts this year big time so give them a chance. Issues aside, a “park” is a relatively new feature to ski areas in the last 15 years.  It’ll happen.  It’s only mid January in a warm December year so keep the faith. Meanwhile enjoy the natural snow, the cold temps and tell the kiddos to grab air where they can.     

2 months ago

SCWVA wrote:

fishnski wrote:

You cant just do that Cdart and thats not the point anyway…what about all this great snowmaking weather and no new slopes?…havn”t checked but is Gravity opened?

No snowmaking on Gravity.  Opening Gravity and building a terrain park is not a priority for CVR.  Opening Ramble is their #1 priority as they have been blowing on it nonstop for the last week. Hope it opens to the public this weekend. :(

 

They have to make room for Timberline’s race team. 

2 months ago

kwillg6 wrote:

Hey guy, slow it down.  They are stepping up their efforts this year big time so give them a chance. Issues aside, a “park” is a relatively new feature to ski areas in the last 15 years.  It’ll happen.  It’s only mid January in a warm December year so keep the faith. Meanwhile enjoy the natural snow, the cold temps and tell the kiddos to grab air where they can.     

Exactly!    If anyone is in the valley saturday night, the party will be at Laurel Lounge at the main lodge with the Chaga Tea Project band rockin @ 8:30

2 months ago
The Fungus is Amungus!!…. Heck yeh Chag…Branching out…way to evolve!$$$

Exactly!    If anyone is in the valley saturday night, the party will be at Laurel Lounge at the main lodge with the Chaga Tea Project band rockin @ 8:30

2 months ago

Sweet!  After Friday’s 6” of freshies it will be time to get this year’s MLK party started  Go Chaga!!!

2 months ago

chaga wrote:

Exactly!    If anyone is in the valley saturday night, the party will be at Laurel Lounge at the main lodge with the Chaga Tea Project band rockin @ 8:30

 

Well played Chaga!

Kwilling,

We all know that CVR’s snowmaking system is antiquated and needs to be upgraded, but CVR is +15years behind the skiing/riding curve without a park.  Four years ago, they made a big step forward and started building a real terrain park.  Once they started building the park, the family stopped skiing TL and have been skiing/riding CVR pretty much exclusively since.  In the past, they have had features set up in December, but not this season.  :(

CVR has been setting records all season and my hope is that US Hotels & Resorts doesn’t take their their record profits back to South Dakota and invests it into the skiing/riding experience at CVR.  US Hotels & Resorts also needs to take care (bonuses) of their employees who are busting their butts to make the customer’s experience at CVR enjoyable.

 

one month ago
Over halfway through CVR’s season and still no terrain park! 👎

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Speak truth to powder.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.21 seconds