Laurel Highlands Spring Sessions
5 posts
2 users
1k+ views
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
March 23, 2019
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

The Seven Springs Resorts are repoerting 3 inches at both HV and 7S with 4 inches reported at Laurel. 7S will run a normal schedule 9a to 9p, HV will be open 9a to 7p and LM runs 9a to 4p. All snow making trails and slopes are open. 7S will continue mid- week operation this coming week. LM went to weekend operation beginning this weekend. I'm not sure about LM for next weekend. My guess is it will depend on skier visits this weekend as bases are deep and coverage is good. HV will continue mid-week operations next week 10a to 4:30p.

snowsmith - DCSki Supporter 
March 23, 2019
Member since 03/15/2004 🔗
1,576 posts

Looking at the webcams, sure looks nice. HV is still 100% open. I hope it lasts until next weekend. 

March 24, 2019
2,038 posts

Laurel intends to open next weekend depending on the weather. Bases are deep and there is still a stock pile of snow to push out. The snow is a little brown in places but otherwise is skiing well. Yesterday Lower Wildcat was in mid-winter condition. The rest of the mountain soften by late day.

March 24, 2019
2,038 posts

At Laurel, overcast skies kept the snow firm today until later in the afternoon. The coverage is still good with enough snow to push to cover high use areas. Folks are optimistic about next weekend. I hope to get to 7S this week. I'll report back here if I get there.  

March 26, 2019
2,038 posts

7S was in pretty good shape today. Giant Steps had some pretty big bare spots but Gunnar had good coverage as did the North Face slope. Yodeler and Boulder trail were also good as was Lost Girl. My son spent some time in the Alley but the Spot was closed and being pushed out. The front side trails all in good shape with bumps on Goose Bumps but I didn't ski the front side except to get back to the lodge. By late afternoon things were getting soft and slushy especially around the lifts. We skied empty trails all day, a real treat for 7S. Weekday operation are suppose to end this week then on to weekend only operations. Laurel announced that they will open this weekend too. Hidden Valley will be open through the week this week. I've not been there so other will have to report.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.