7 posts
4 users
1k+ views
skithealleghenies
December 30, 2019
Member since 01/22/2017 🔗
25 posts

Hi everyone,

I am about to take a trip up to Mount Snow in Vermont. It is my first time there. Does anyone have any insight or advice about the place? Where to eat, places to check out in the area, best parts of the mountain, favorite trails?

Anything would be appreicated. Thanks!

djconnelly
December 30, 2019
Member since 07/24/2019 🔗
4 posts

You can easily find numerous AirBnbs in the area. Wilmington is the closest town and it is a town. Three bars, some shops and the various amenities you might need are all there.  I was at Mt. Snow last week - very icy on the backside. Mountain needs a few storms before it is completely ready for the season. Crowds were not bad, enjoyable visit. Recommend a visit to Okemo - 45 minutes north.  Okemo is larger but is known for icy conditions. Recommend you ski after a larger snow fall. 

56fish
December 30, 2019
Member since 11/4/2011 🔗
73 posts

http://forums.alpinezone.com/forumdisplay.php/10-Northeast-Skiing-and-Snowboarding-Forum

More Mt Snow than anuone needs .... ditto Okemo  

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
December 30, 2019
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

skithealleghenies wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am about to take a trip up to Mount Snow in Vermont. It is my first time there. Does anyone have any insight or advice about the place? Where to eat, places to check out in the area, best parts of the mountain, favorite trails?

What happened to the twitter feed?

skithealleghenies
January 6, 2020
25 posts

Thank you for the info!

skithealleghenies
January 6, 2020
25 posts

wfyurasko wrote:

skithealleghenies wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am a college student studying at WVU. I have run the "Ski the Alleghenies" Twitter account since my freshman year of high school. This upcoming spring semester, I will be studying abroad in Italy so therefore since I won't be in the area for most of the winter, I decided to not run the Twitter page this year. I should be back at it next year!

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
January 6, 2020
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

skithealleghenies wrote:

wfyurasko wrote:

skithealleghenies wrote:

Hi everyone,

I am a college student studying at WVU. I have run the "Ski the Alleghenies" Twitter account since my freshman year of high school. This upcoming spring semester, I will be studying abroad in Italy so therefore since I won't be in the area for most of the winter, I decided to not run the Twitter page this year. I should be back at it next year!

Good decision to study abroad -- I hope you sneak in a ski trip to the Alps

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?