Weather in Mid-Atlantic Ski Areas
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
January 8, 2020 (edited January 8, 2020)
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Perhaps time has come for a DCSki dedicated thread for ski area weather forecasts for Mid-Atlantic ski areas. There are many DCSkiers that have a weather hobby and post there info all over the site. Very disorganized!  So here is a thread dedicated to ski weather in our Mid-A mountains.  List your favorite weather sites, or personal forecasts.  What are models saying about when this warm yuckey weather will turn to a snowier/colder pattern?

Mr Fish, we need to hear from you!!

MorganB aka The Colonel

Gibou Skier
January 8, 2020
Member since 12/9/2019 🔗
22 posts

InNew England there are some solid meteorologists who specialize in skiing forecasts, for example Josh Fox for the Mad River Valley, and regular forecast outlets like the Eye on the Sky (Vermont Public Radio), regularly devote part of their forecast to mountain weather. I hadn't found anyone similar down here who focuses on ski-centric forecasts for the mid-Atlantic region, though I recently stumbled across Brad Pavanovich who posts detailed forecasts on Ski Southeast. Looks like a promising source of info. I recently saw an article in the Washington Post Capital Weather Gang that said they'll start doing a ski forecast, which would be great, but I can't find it now. 

The Whitegrass website sometimes includes their own Canaan Valley forecasting too.  

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
January 8, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

The SkiSoutheast website has been the best source for weather, snow conditions, and webcams for NC/WV/VA for quite a while.  But doesn't reach into MD/PA.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?