Whitetail Women’s Days
5 posts
4 users
1k+ views
Mo
January 30, 2020
Member since 03/26/2001 🔗
33 posts

Whitetail’s 2nd Women’s Day clinic is tomorrow (Jan. 31). I’m curious if anyone is going (or went to the 1st one this year) ”” I’d like to get opinions of it afterwards. I’m thinking about attending the 3rd one in mid-Feb. Are all the instructors women?  How much of it is instructional (lessons) and how much of it is a social event?  Thanks!  

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
January 30, 2020
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Mo wrote:

Whitetail’s 2nd Women’s Day clinic is tomorrow (Jan. 31). I’m curious if anyone is going (or went to the 1st one this year) ”” I’d like to get opinions of it afterwards. I’m thinking about attending the 3rd one in mid-Feb. Are all the instructors women?  How much of it is instructional (lessons) and how much of it is a social event?  Thanks!  

Haven't heard anything about the Whitetail program for Women.  I know the multi-week program at Liberty for women is quite good.

Have you ever checked out TheSkiDiva.com ?  There is a thread for the mid-Atlantic or you could create a separate thread there.  Also a thread about women's clinics this season.

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/mid-atlantic-se-skiing-pa-nj-dc-md-va-wv-nc-for-2019-20.24008/

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/womens-clinics-19-20.24136/

Mo
February 1, 2020
Member since 03/26/2001 🔗
33 posts

Thank you, marzNC!!  I’ve been a lurker on skidiva for many years, but I have a hard time finding local info there. Thank you for sending the links to the women’s clinic thread and to the mid-Atlantic thread. 

fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
February 2, 2020
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

Never done a women's clinic at Whitetail, so I am unable to comment.  I have looked into their mutliweek women's program in the past but I ended up going with Liberty multi week women's program.  This is my 3rd year w/ Liberty women's program and I am happy with my decision.  

I prefer Liberty for the following reasons:

1) It is a whole day program 9 am to 3 pm, include 1 hr lunch.  I figure if I drive ~2.5 hours round trip, I'd rather go to a 5-hour lesson than 2-hour lesson.  

2) Multi week offers continuity, each week's lesson is built on previous week's teaching.  Same instrutor the entire series.

There will be sesson 3 for Liberty mutli week program, it will be 2 consecutive weekends (Sat + Sun):

Feb 22, 23 and Feb 29, March 1

I think there are still spots left, not too late to sign up if you want.  

Vermont
February 2, 2020
Member since 12/26/2019 🔗
174 posts

fosphenytoin wrote:

Never done a women's clinic at Whitetail, so I am unable to comment.  I have looked into their mutliweek women's program in the past but I ended up going with Liberty multi week women's program.  This is my 3rd year w/ Liberty women's program and I am happy with my decision.  

I prefer Liberty for the following reasons:

1) It is a whole day program 9 am to 3 pm, include 1 hr lunch.  I figure if I drive ~2.5 hours round trip, I'd rather go to a 5-hour lesson than 2-hour lesson.  

2) Multi week offers continuity, each week's lesson is built on previous week's teaching.  Same instrutor the entire series.

There will be sesson 3 for Liberty mutli week program, it will be 2 consecutive weekends (Sat + Sun):

Feb 22, 23 and Feb 29, March 1

I think there are still spots left, not too late to sign up if you want.  

Fos, if you or anyone else wants some free  lessons I used to teach up north any level including teaching the ski school directors kids and other instructors, would be happy to help any locals and get some local skiing in

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.