Release your words, not your bindings.
Home
Day trips to Whitetail
2 posts from 2 users
Updated 23 hours ago
Jump to Newest Post
yesterday

Hello All,

I’m new to skiing and I was hoping I could bounce a few things off you guys collectively. My only experience has been at Snowshoe and while its a fantastic resort, it’s kind of out of the way if I wanted to make it a day trip coming from NoVa. I only recently learned how much closer Whitetail and Liberty are to the DC Metro area.

My question to you all is, From everyone’s experience how many trips would i have to make so the Epic Pass pays for itself?

Thank you all.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
23 hours ago

CoolBreeze303 wrote:

Hello All,

I’m new to skiing and I was hoping I could bounce a few things off you guys collectively. My only experience has been at Snowshoe and while its a fantastic resort, it’s kind of out of the way if I wanted to make it a day trip coming from NoVa. I only recently learned how much closer Whitetail and Liberty are to the DC Metro area.

My question to you all is, From everyone’s experience how many trips would i have to make so the Epic Pass pays for itself?

Thank you all.

Not sure, but I think a Whitetail weekend day ticket for an adult is about $80, a night ticket is about $50.  You would need to compare this to your preference for the many passes offered here:  https://www.epicpass.com/pass-results/passes.aspx

If you chose the adult Northeast value epicpass at $599 it would take about 7.5 (x 80) days at Whitetail to break even.  If you are active duty they have a fantastic pass deal at $169.

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Snowcat got your tongue?
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.21 seconds