Summit County Ski Rental
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
wgo
February 5, 2023
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
For my family's trip to Vail this season, we are thinking of doing the ski rental in Frisco to save a bit compared to renting in Vail or Avon. Does anyone have any favorite places they have rented from?
Evans Dad - DCSki Supporter 
February 8, 2023 (edited February 8, 2023)
Member since 01/27/2021 🔗
59 posts

wgo wrote:

For my family's trip to Vail this season, we are thinking of doing the ski rental in Frisco to save a bit compared to renting in Vail or Avon. Does anyone have any favorite places they have rented from?

Not real helpful (not sure it's still in business), but there was a good place on the main drag across from Walmart in a strip mall that I rented from like 15 years ago or so.  I think it was called Precision Ski & Golf.  They had a nice selection and also did a nice tune.   Also in the same strip mall was a Christy's.   You might want to check with the Summit locals on SkiTalk for other ideas. 

wgo
February 8, 2023
1,666 posts
Thanks. I found a place called Pioneer in Frisco that is pretty highly rated and has demo packages for $38 a day. I am going to look into going with them. I did also find a place in Vail with a rate of $48 a day  - for a family of 4 renting for 5 days that is still a $200 difference, so I am trying to decide if that is worth the convenience of not having to transport skis to and from Frisco.
Bonzski
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

wgo wrote:

Thanks. I found a place called Pioneer in Frisco that is pretty highly rated and has demo packages for $38 a day. I am going to look into going with them. I did also find a place in Vail with a rate of $48 a day  - for a family of 4 renting for 5 days that is still a $200 difference, so I am trying to decide if that is worth the convenience of not having to transport skis to and from Frisco.

The other benefit of renting in Vail is you can easily swap out ski models/types to match changing conditions or your preference.

I've rented at Troy's ski shop in Vail near Gondy1

https://troysskishop.com/

wgo
1,666 posts

That's certainly a good point, especially considering we will be there the first week of april and who knows how conditions will change day to day.

Bonzski wrote:

wgo wrote:

The other benefit of renting in Vail is you can easily swap out ski models/types to match changing conditions or your preference.

I've rented at Troy's ski shop in Vail near Gondy1

https://troysskishop.com/

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.