President's Weekend skiing
8 posts
4 users
2k+ views
(Anonymous)
January 7, 2000
Ok, I may be crazy, but I am trying to plan a skiing weekend w/ a few friends for Feb 18 -21. Would like to rent a cabin with some decent skiing/snowboarding nearby and hopefully allows dogs. Anywhere that is within a 4-6 hour drive is fine. Any suggestions? Thanks
lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2000
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Check Canaan Valley Realty. They have several dog-friendly cabins.

How many dogs, size and behavior?

Lou

lbotta - DCSki Supporter 
January 10, 2000
Member since 10/18/1999 🔗
1,535 posts
Will talk to you after Thursday. I say that because that's when I'm closing on my Snowshoe condo. As I will rent it out when I'm not occupying it, I have to check on the restrictions, covenants, etc.

[This message has been edited by lbotta (edited 01-10-2000).]

(Anonymous)
January 11, 2000
Thanks. 3 well behaved, medium sized dogs. If need be we could leave them at home. Any other suggestions? Even ideas for cabins that don't accept pets. Thanks again.
snobrdr
February 5, 2000
Member since 02/4/2000 🔗
11 posts
don't know if you got a place yet, but i just booked a cabin at black bear resort in canaan valley,wv for that weekend. they had plenty of openings. conditions last week were great. e-mail if you want more info.

(Anonymous)
February 8, 2000
Thanks to everyone who responded to my email request for reservations. I booked a 3 BR/3BA townshouse~cabins at Canaan Valley. I'll let you know how it goes.
Jim
February 9, 2000
Member since 11/22/1999 🔗
317 posts
Robin,

As a skier with two dogs, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences - especially on the dog front. Have fun and thanks!

(Anonymous)
February 15, 2000
If you have collected a list of dog friendly rentals, I would be very interested in hearing about your experiences.

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?