2 posts
1 user
1k+ views
Scott - DCSki Editor
November 19, 2000
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Hi folks!

DCSki Condition Reports (click the "Conditions" link from the main menu on the front page) are now running. You can view daily condition reports for resorts in MD, PA, VA, and WV. These reports include information such as new snow, lift and trail counts, surface conditions, and more.

DCSki is licensing the feed from AccuWeather. Each morning, DCSki parses this data and places it in a database.

Currently, AccuWeather's feed is missing quite a few resorts. I am working with the company to resolve this. Because this feature is based on a data feed external to DCSki, there is a chance the data will contain errors or be out of date. Always check directly with each resort for the latest condition reports. (I am also including a "last update" date for each resort so you can quickly see when the data was generated.)

So, this closes out a suggestion made a couple years ago! (Of course, it usually doesn't take two years for me to respond to a suggestion, but this one took a little more work - and money - to buy the feed.)

Enjoy,

- Scott

Scott - DCSki Editor
November 25, 2000
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
An update on the Conditions feed: A lot of the missing resorts have been added, but I've noticed that the conditions reported for some resorts are not accurate. (For example, Liberty, Roundtop, and Whitetail opened Friday but Saturday's condition feed is still stating that opening date is To Be Announced for them. Clearly that's not right!)

AccuWeather has informed me that they are going to switch data providers to a (hopefully) more accurate source sometime next week. Most of the conditions being reported right now are fairly accurate but this should improve soon.

- Scott

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.