DCSki reader Ray T. came across an article in the Lancaster Intelligence newspaper titled Lancaster’s Ghost Runs, describing some lost ski areas around Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
The article mentions that an area named Middle Creek Ski Area, which was built by Howard “Job” Minnich, a Litiz dentist, a few years after World War II. According to the article, Middle Creek had a rope tow powered by a 1929 Dodge truck, and ran until the mid-1950s or later. It was located off of Route 322 near Clay, Pennsylvania.
There are no reader comments on this lost area yet.
Join the conversation by logging in.
Don't have an account? Create one here.