Face up to your face plants.
Home
Call for questions: Vail Resorts properties
11 posts from 8 users
Updated 13 days ago
Jump to Newest Post
Scott - DCSki Editor
19 days ago

Earlier, I published a story about some of the new policies that will be in place this winter for Vail Resorts properties, including Mid-Atlantic Resorts Roundtop, Liberty, Whitetail, Big Boulder, and Jack Frost.  There has been a lot of change at these resorts due to their new ownership, and of course COVID is driving a lot of changes this winter, such as a new reservation system.  This makes for a somewhat confusing time.

If you have any questions about these resorts, the pass products that will be offered, and how the upcoming season will work, please feel free to post them below.  Vail Resort’s Jamie Storrs has offered to help answer questions readers may have, so I’ll incorporate your questions and answers from Jamie into an upcoming story.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
19 days ago

I just have a few dumb questions and haven’t looked at the new rules of the game under covid.

If I have a full epic pass can I just show up at Whitetail, Liberty or Roundtop on a random weekday and expect to ski right on to the slopes?  What about a weekend?  Same questions if I show up at one of their destination resorts in the Rockies?  When do I need reservations if I hold a full epic pass?  do the answers change if I have a local variation of the epic pass rather than the full pass?

Oops, I should go read your Aug 28 article.  It might answer my questions?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
18 days ago

One question that has come up recently because of what Powdr has done for Killington and Copper … will there be any limitations on parking?  Meaning would reservations for parking ever be considered?

During early season, if someone with an Epic pass wants to ski Mon-Thu how much in advance could they make a reservation?  For instance, could they reserve the 4 days on the Monday before?  Or do they have to wait until that Monday morning?

18 days ago

I have a few questions pertaining to the local resorts.

-If I reserve a day and then cannot make it for some reason (ex. sick family member, weather related, etc), does that day go back into my 7 days or priority reservation days bucket after the day occurs?  Can I cancel/reschedule a priority reservation day before it occurs?

-Will Whitetail have their Whitetrailers program this season?

-We have had several slow starts to winter recently.  Will resorts like Whitetail have the same capacity if they can only open up a couple of their lifts?  If they cannot, how does this affect the reservation process?

17 days ago

Awesome Scott:    Will the Night Tracker Program be suspended and will it return the following season?

I suspect the Night Tracker program will be suspened this season but I have no confirmation. It would be nice to know that if suspended the next season we are back on plan if all goes well pandemic wise. 

thanks Ed Fowler 

16 days ago
Will there be a night skiing ticket available this year? The website recommends buying a pass even if skiing just one day. The cheapest pass is $109. I would not buy a lift ticket for $109 to ski 4 hours in the evening. I really hope there is a night ticket option.
15 days ago

What about reservations for kids who normally ski free? I’m wondering if we have an epic pass, if our 6 year old will need one as well to guarantee certain dates.

14 days ago

I received an email from the manager. Said Night Tracker TBD to be determined and said buy a pass instead. 

I suspect they need numbers of reg pass holders and buddy passes to see the total populationn count to adjust for SD Social Distance.

Sept 17 is deadline.  The Nov 1 reservation goes on line and that will generate data. 

The financial report is due end of month for vail but cuts off July 31. I want to see pass compare to other years. 

ed

Scott - DCSki Editor
14 days ago

Thanks everyone for the questions!  You can find answers in this story that I just published.

13 days ago

Nice job on the questions. 

I had a question that I had sent to Vail.  Essentially are they going to use caps on reservations (I would think so) and if so what will the limits be for each resort and will there be a tracker that displays numbers of reservations left for any given day (somethign similar to what PowMow does for lift tickets).  

Got a reply yesteday that they didn’t have an answer to my question.  

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
13 days ago

UintaTerp wrote:

Nice job on the questions. 

I had a question that I had sent to Vail.  Essentially are they going to use caps on reservations (I would think so) and if so what will the limits be for each resort and will there be a tracker that displays numbers of reservations left for any given day (somethign similar to what PowMow does for lift tickets).  

Got a reply yesteday that they didn’t have an answer to my question.  

The whole point of a reservation system is that people can see in advance how many spots are still available.  That was part of the system used in Australia for the three VR resorts.  I assume system that will be used for N. American is an enhanced version of that software.  The advantage VR has is that all the IT work is done in-house.

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Snow reason not to share.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.22 seconds