Jack Frost Festival at Whitegrass
7 posts
6 users
7k+ views
Denis - DCSki Supporter 
December 3, 2009
Member since 07/12/2004 🔗
2,337 posts
Sat. eve. I'll be there. During the day I'll be skiing or doing trail work, or both.

Anybody else?
David
December 3, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
Alas! There's nothing that I can think of that I'd rather be doing than hanging out with all the great people, food, and music at Whitegrass on Saturday night. I REALLY hate that I can't make it!!

Hope it goes great. I know it will. See ya next year!
jimmy
December 4, 2009
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
2,650 posts
Can't make it this year Denis, couple of things I MUST get done that aren't done b/4 the snow flies. You bringing Chili? Have fun, toast Ullr for me.
kwillg6
December 4, 2009
Member since 01/18/2005 🔗
2,066 posts
Am planning on getting up for the evening's festivities. Don't know if I will have a chance for trail work. I'm remembering back some 12 or 13 years ago when we had a near blizzard to bring JF in. Flatlanders all over the place. Hope they are wise to what the driving conditions will be Saturday night. That year, some idiot tried parking next to me on a hill only to have the car slide down into the side of mine. His car got tore up pretty badly when I went to leave. Left a note with name and number, but he/she never called. Then again, i saw this happen in the mud a couple of times there as well. I learned to park far away and walk in. Much safer.
JohnL
December 4, 2009
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts
Enjoy the festivus. I'll be a no show this year.

Need one last weekend to batten down the hatches in VA.
chaga
December 4, 2009
Member since 11/24/2009 🔗
646 posts
hellbender's is closed this weekend, so I guess I'll go. I have a feeling trail work could consist of glading/sweeping on all the steep glades (the funnel, cathedral, baldy steeps) shocked
David
December 5, 2009
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts
So I wonder if the tool shed has fell in yet this evening? I know it was about this time in the evening last year that Chip took a crash from the rafters. Something tells me he didn't feel it though. wink wink

I bet it's tid bit nippy up there this evening! Sure wish I was there!!

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?