bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
September 28, 2014
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
September 28, 2014
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

The list of locations is intriguing: DC, VA, NC, SC (Greenville), TN, GA (Atlanta), PA (Pittsburgh), OH, even FL.  For each location, have to go on specific days Sept-Nov 2014.  A few buying opportunities are at Warren Miller screenings.  $129 for any 3 days, no blackouts, do not need to be consecutive days, non-transferable.  Limit 20 per household.

http://www.snowshoemtn.com/plan-your-trip/deals-and-packages/3-for-all-pass.aspx

September 29, 2014
778 posts

I haven't gotten this SS "3 for All" pass before but plan to do so this year.  Maybe somebody can answer a couple of questions about them for me.

I assume these have to be bought in person, at the locations in question on the dates listed.  They can't be bought online.  Is that correct?

Can 1 person buy these passes for several friends, or does each person need to buy the pass for him/herself?

Thanks, Woody

JimK - DCSki Columnist
September 29, 2014
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Woody, I saw them for sale at the SS booth at the Dilly at Chantilly sale at Sun and Ski.  Not positive, but fine print seems to indicate one person per household can buy up to 20.  So it sounds like you could purchase 20.  Pretty sure only can purchase at these special sales.  I might attend the Warren Miller filming in DC in Nov.  Let me know if you need a buyer assistant at that time.

skijw
September 30, 2014
Member since 03/10/2014 🔗
40 posts

bousquet19 wrote:

I haven't gotten this SS "3 for All" pass before but plan to do so this year.  Maybe somebody can answer a couple of questions about them for me.

I assume these have to be bought in person, at the locations in question on the dates listed.  They can't be bought online.  Is that correct?

Can 1 person buy these passes for several friends, or does each person need to buy the pass for him/herself?

Thanks, Woody

They have to be bought in person, not online. I am not sure what this limitation for 20 per household is. The pass has no identification. You can buy however many you want - but I guess no more than 20 at a time. You can use whichever way you like. The only limitation is that one pass can not be used by two people simultaneously. Other than that, it's just a pass with a bar code. Once it is scanned it's good for that day. I am sure if you ski half a day and someone else ski the rest of the day it works as well. Or you can ski during the day and someone else ski the evening on the same pass that would work too. I bought 5 of these to share between 4 people in the family. 3 of us will ski 4 days and 1 will ski 3 days. I plan on rotating one of the passes for 3 days. So all 4 of us will each have one 3 day pass. Then 3 of us will share one 3-day pass (rotated one day for each person). I checked with the person selling the pass and this is perfectly fine. You just need to keep track of which pass is used on which day.

Does this make sense? If you lose the pass, you need to have Snowshoe deactivate it, then they will issue you 3 day lift tickets - not exactly the same thing. So take a picture of all your passes because the only thing that can identify your pass is the bar code. They are not tied to any name or person.

September 30, 2014
778 posts

Skijw, I appreciate the clarifications and practical details.  Very helpful!

JimK, thanks for the offer.  I'll be in touch.

Woody

David
October 12, 2014
Member since 06/28/2004 🔗
2,444 posts

If you're looking for a place around Snowshoe to stay check this place out. Nothing I've ever stayed at quite like it. Good breakfast and great people. Just stayed there last weekend. 

http://www.mountainquestinn.com

November 5, 2014
778 posts

Cost is $129 plus tax, actually.

Bought mine on November 4 at the DC Ski and Snowboard Show at the Tyson's Marriott.  I didn't even know it was a ski & snowboard until a couple of days before when I clicked Snowshoe's link to the event. 

hoyadrew
February 2, 2015
Member since 12/19/2005 🔗
147 posts

I bought one of these this year but haven't been to Snowshoe in ages.  Do they scan lift tickets at every lift now?  Can anyone confirm that it can easily be shared among people?

Adamh21 - DCSki Supporter 
February 3, 2015
Member since 12/4/2008 🔗
26 posts

They periodically check at every lift, I know Ballhooter lift it seems like every time they check. The pass is not tied to a particular individual so it can be shared.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 3, 2015
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

hoyadrew wrote:

I bought one of these this year but haven't been to Snowshoe in ages.  Do they scan lift tickets at every lift now?  Can anyone confirm that it can easily be shared among people?

They DO SCAN at every lift but a friend of mine bought a bunch of these and gives him to guests.  I do not believe they are linked to any one specific..

Reisen
February 3, 2015
Member since 01/25/2005 🔗
368 posts

I'll echo the others.  They scan at every lift, these are not linked.  They're not vouchers, either, you just clip them on your jacket and hit the lifts.

jimw
February 4, 2015
Member since 02/2/2015 🔗
113 posts

I don't think you can buy those anymore..  They are preseason sales only at certain events.  You will be able to buy a season pass sometime this month that will be good for the rest of this season and next.  Keep your eyes and ears open.

HardcoreLooper
February 7, 2015
Member since 11/27/2013 🔗
24 posts

jimw wrote:

I don't think you can buy those anymore..  They are preseason sales only at certain events.  You will be able to buy a season pass sometime this month that will be good for the rest of this season and next.  Keep your eyes and ears open.

Is this the infamous "Ridiculous Pass?"  With reasonably priced digs at the Elk River Inn, I may pick up a couple of these this year.  I'd love to get in one last weekend with my kids in mid-March.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 10, 2015
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

HardcoreLooper wrote:

Is this the infamous "Ridiculous Pass?"  With reasonably priced digs at the Elk River Inn, I may pick up a couple of these this year.  I'd love to get in one last weekend with my kids in mid-March.

If I recall correctly, SS put that "Rid Pass" on sale the last week / weekend in Feb.  It was 199 for the first few days then it went up $5 a day from there.  I check every day for an announcement.  

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.