Recount your last resort.
Home
New Boot Suggestions
6 posts from 3 users
Updated 2 months ago
Jump to Newest Post
2 months ago

Hi everyone!  I am new to this forum, and looking for some help.  I am in desperate need of some new ski boots this season, and was wondering if anyone had any suggestions.  I used to race and am looking for a high performance boot for everyday skiing, but am also looking for something I can still be comfortable when I go skinning up the mountain in the woods.

I have been seeing a lot of stuff popping up from Dodge Ski Boots on my Instagram recently, and was wondering if anyone here had any experience with these boots?  

2 months ago

Do you have an AT ski/binding setup?  If so, what is it?

2 months ago

Yes, I have Tyrolia Ambition bindings on a pair of Blizzard Bonafide’s

2 months ago

I don’t have experience with Dodge boots but they appear to be a good match for you.  A bit pricey but if they’re going to keep you from buying a second pair of skis/binding/boots for AT then they make sense.  They appear to have either a 98 or 102 last and leave it to the molded liner to custom fit…cut grind carbon fiber right?  Keep us posted if you decide to make the purchase and share you thoughts.

2 months ago

Having skiied the Dodge boot I cannot even imagine a worse boot for a BC skiing (not to mention no walk feature ). Insanely stiff and non absorbment of terrain. But match them with a WC Slalom ski - Wow!

2 months ago

Interesting that you think they would be terrible for the backcountry erdz… I would think that the lightweight would help with this skin up.  I tried some boots with walk modes, and found that for the amount of time that I was in the backcountry vs groomers, that it was not worth it, because the boots were not stiff enough while skiing.

I am going to give them a shot, and use their remote fitting system.  Did you use this system erdz?  How was it?

Ad: Massanutten Resort: Now Hiring Instructors

Speak truth to powder.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.19 seconds