Snowshoe lodging
6 posts
5 users
2k+ views
wgo
November 30, 2017
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

Question about the availability of Snowshoe lodging. I am looking into getting out there the weekend of Dec 16, and would like to stay at Expedition Station (since that tends to be on the lower end of things price-wise). How far in advance would one generally need to make a booking to ensure that something is available? I don't want to make a reservation until I get a better sense of what trails will be open. Is last-minute lodging availability more of an issue mid-season than early season?

Bonzski
November 30, 2017
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

Typically availability is less restricted early season (before Christmas). However if the incoming weather pattern change happens as forecasted, and includes decent snowfall, then all bets may be off as people jump at the opportunity for early turns.  Remember, Snowshoe sold those early-season only unlimited passes so those people are circling for good weather.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
November 30, 2017
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

WGO - Snowshoe and most of us private owners are using "dynamic pricing" these days.  We are constantly adjusting prices based on conditions and availability.

I'm not saying you will get gouged, but as the trail count goes up and the weather forecast improves, expect to pay closer to full fare. 

With only 3 true top to bottom runs open right now no one is charging close to std rates.   If you are willing to be flex on your location (not just EX STN) you should be able to find something reasonable.

dt3
December 3, 2017
Member since 11/15/2009 🔗
24 posts

> would like to stay at Expedition Station (since that tends to be on the lower end of things price-wise)

Huh? I’m willing to bet you can find cheaper space in rimfire right across the village and CONSIDERABLY cheaper space if you’re willing to bump up The Hill to mountain lodge. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
December 3, 2017 (edited December 3, 2017)
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

dt3 wrote:

> would like to stay at Expedition Station (since that tends to be on the lower end of things price-wise)

Huh? I’m willing to bet you can find cheaper space in rimfire right across the village and CONSIDERABLY cheaper space if you’re willing to bump up The Hill to mountain lodge. 

Rimfire is where I stayed once because my friends from NC found it the best value in the main village.  They go to the SkiSE annual "summit" in early March every year.  That has unground garage parking as I remember.

Stayed at Silver Creek one time when my daughter was young.  She really liked the indoor/outdoor pool.  A lot less crowded than the pool in the village.  We brought food to eat in for dinner so not being in the village in the evening didn't matter.  Planned to go night skiing but it was rainy so that didn't work out.  Of course, that's not likely to work out as well during early season.

wgo
December 3, 2017 (edited December 3, 2017)
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts
Expedition station came up on the low end price wise when I searched on the snowshoe site. I have not yet checked VRBO for Mountain Lodge options. I was looking directly on the snowshoe site first because of the deal for season pass holders (30% off the third time you book), and because I do not think the pool is included if you don't book thru snowshoe (important for kids)
DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?