Tline Telemark Clinic
10 posts
7 users
2k+ views
TomH
January 18, 2018
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

There is a Timberline Telemark clinic this coming Saturday (January 20th).  There is a full day clinic for $90 and a half day clinic for $55.  The clinics are a great deal as Timberline as quite a few Telemark Instructors so student to teacher ratio is usually very small.  This is a great way to get started if you are new to the sport or to progress from a plateau if you have been skiing for awhile.  Participating in these events will definitely accelerate your learning curve.

For information call the Ski School Desk: 304-866-6333 or I can try to answer any questions on this forum.

eggraid
January 18, 2018
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts

Is any equipment provided by any chance?

TomH
January 18, 2018
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

That is always the big problem with learning Telemark it is hard to get rentals to try.  Whitegrass used to rent some equipment but I'm not sure if they still do.  Unfortunately, Tline does not.

JohnL
January 18, 2018
Member since 01/6/2000 🔗
3,551 posts

TomH wrote:

That is always the big problem with learning Telemark it is hard to get rentals to try.

The biggest problem with learning to Telemark is that the bindings are broken. ;)

TomH
January 18, 2018 (edited January 18, 2018)
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

That and nobody cares that you Telemark.  For Old School granola low riders smell can be an issue as well ;)

SCWVA
January 18, 2018 (edited January 18, 2018)
Member since 07/13/2004 🔗
1,052 posts
The smell of patchouli oil is going to be everywhere at Tline this Saturday! :)
TomH
January 18, 2018
Member since 07/6/2005 🔗
375 posts

Hopefully not

crgildart
January 19, 2018 (edited January 19, 2018)
Member since 07/13/2014 🔗
767 posts

JohnL wrote:

TomH wrote:

That is always the big problem with learning Telemark it is hard to get rentals to try.

The biggest problem with learning to Telemark is that the bindings are broken. ;)

Beat me to it.. hahaha!
I was at T-line last February for the Telemark Day.  I skied my rig but didn't do the clinic..  Was quite challenging in the spring slop and rain without heels being held down.. Almost went over the handlebars too many times to count.. But was a great fore aft balance exercise.  I really need some tele lessons though.. Can't even decide which foot I prefer forward when turning.. 

yotestang
January 19, 2018
Member since 12/12/2014 🔗
17 posts

Whitegrass still rents telemark gear.  Additionally, the sport shop at Whitetail had a few leftover tele demo items substantially discounted when I was in there last month.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
January 19, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

If anyone wants to make a trek to Lake Placid for a multi-day tele clinic in March, read on.  I learned to ski at North Country School and Whiteface long ago.  My daughter and her classmate were advanced alpine skiers when they started 7th grade.  They were converted to tele by John and Libby Doan.  The bedrooms are in a house on Round Lake.  The house is separate from the main campus of the school.  Food is locally sourced.

* * * * * Telemark Clinc at North Country School, Lake Placid, NY - March 15-19, 2018

Explore the world of telemark skiing as a guest of North Country School in the heart of the Adirondack High Peaks. 

Whether you are a first time telemark skier or an experienced free-heeler, we can expand your skills through multiple terrain options on and off campus in the heart of the High Peaks Wilderness Area. 

Hosted by PSIA Telemark education staff, and North Country School (NCS) faculty, John and Libby Doan, participants will have access to Whiteface and Mt. Pisgah resorts, as well as a private 25-trail system and rope tow in the shadow of Pitchoff Mountain. Equipment rentals are available through NCS and local ski shops. Depending on the skill levels in the group and conditions, a short backcountry ski trip may also be available. 

Rates include all meals and drinks, activities, and lodging. 

Receive:
3 days of structured outdoor and indoor trainings with PISA Telemark members
4-day lift tickets
4 nights lodging

Twin Bed or Bunk, Shared Room: 
$215 per person per night

Queen or Full Bedroom (package for single or couple):
$355.00 per room per night

Rate increase after Friday, Jan. 31, 2018 
Hurry and register today!

Registration ends March 1, 2018
Full payment is due at time of booking