Timberline Zipline status?
8 posts
7 users
4k+ views
RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
June 12, 2018
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts

I've been thinking about making a summertime visit to Canaan Valley after school is out, and thought the zipline at Timberline might be fun to check out.  But their webpage has nothing about the zipline, and I tried calling the resort and couldn't find a live person to speak to...  Anyone know if the zipline is still operating?  

snapdragon
June 12, 2018
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

Pretty sure Timberline has been designated a ghost town?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
June 12, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Check out NRocks for ziplines.  I've always wanted to do their Via Ferrata.

https://www.nrocks.com

bonefish
June 13, 2018
Member since 12/4/2017 🔗
17 posts

As always, lots of awesome things to do in Canaan Valley, but Timberline has closed down. The power company cut their power a few months ago for not paying the bills. From the public documents that have been released, it also seems they could be in serious  trouble for nefarious activities associated with their utitily company.  

rbrtlav
June 13, 2018 (edited June 13, 2018)
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

Rodney, are you looking for a day trip or something longer and what other things were you planning on doing? There are plenty of people here that can point you to trails or activities at almost any resort (and surrounding areas) in the mid atlantic as well as help with lodging/camping suggestions if you are looking for more than a day.

From my experience there is a huge variety of events/activities to do around during the summer, and generally way less crowds than the beaches or theme parks.

AndyGene
June 13, 2018
Member since 09/9/2013 🔗
229 posts

It looks like the last thing they pimped was a party for cinco de mayo/ the Derby.  I'm sure they will get their electrical issues figured out just in time to dissapoint you all come MLK Day when they have two trails open.

bonefish wrote:

As always, lots of awesome things to do in Canaan Valley, but Timberline has closed down. The power company cut their power a few months ago for not paying the bills. From the public documents that have been released, it also seems they could be in serious  trouble for nefarious activities associated with their utitily company.  

snapdragon
June 13, 2018
Member since 01/27/2015 🔗
346 posts

image1.jpegDon't try this at home.  That is Off The Wall and yes, one should not try and drive down a black diamond...even an East coast black diamond

sohcrates
June 13, 2018
Member since 09/30/2016 🔗
12 posts

So the Timberline zipline was a failed experiment that shut down several years ago.  The towers are still there, a memory of money spent apparently, but there have been no wires or actual zipline in a while.  I guess their website still advertises it?  Sounds about right unfortunately.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.