Do others states have the equivalent of the PA 4th/5th grade Ski Pass?
4 posts
2 users
1k+ views
wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
October 21, 2018 (edited October 21, 2018)
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

I got one for my son last year and was very pleased with it. Do any other states in the vicinity offer something similar?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
October 21, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Not sure what state(s) you would consider.  VT, NH, ME have programs but I don't remember if they are for residents only or not.  Pretty sure the Utah passport is open to any kid in the right grade.

Some ideas here:

https://www.theskidiva.com/forums/index.php?threads/passports-for-2018-19-free-skiing-for-kids-in-4th-5th-and-or-6th-grades-selected-states.23101/

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 10, 2018
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Wintergreen has created the Snowpower Club for parents or people in college.  Have to sign up in advance to be eligible for discounts for snow days, Appreciation Days, and School Daze.  Also offering free lift tickets for kids in 5th or 6th grades.  Check out the Kids tab under Deals for homeschool or Scout Merit Badge.

Wintergreen School Daze 2018-19

After classes or on your off day, escape to the mountain and spend the day, the afternoon or the night on the slopes. Offered on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday starting 1/2/19. 

• 8-hour Lift & Rental - $59
  • 8-hour Lift - $49
  • Upgrade to Extended Session ticket for an additional $10.
  • With rental, add Group Beginner Lesson for $19 (ages 8 & above)
  • Add tubing at $10, Wednesday or Thursday for same periods, if operational.
wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
November 16, 2018
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

That reminds me of one of my biggest regrets of college -- not using those $10 lift ticket deals at Pocono ski areas all the time. I even had my own skis back then! 

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.