2019-2020 Season Pass Early Bird Pricing
40 posts
16 users
6k+ views
superguy
February 22, 2019
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Seven Springs announced that 2019-2020 season passes go on sale tomorrow, with early bird pricing until 5/15.  They're offering   free skiing from March on and you can apply the day's lift ticket price toward next season's pass, according to their Twitter page.  Current passholders will get a $50 7S gift card for renewing.  A 5% discount is available to all for cash/check purchase.  Pricing is available for 7S only and Highlands passes - price is only $31 difference.  Similar offerings are available at LM and HV's pages:

https://twitter.com/i/topics/news/e-1564220651?cn=ZmxleGlibGVfcmVjcw%3D%3D&refsrc=email

https://www.7springs.com/tickets-passes-rentals/season-passes/

http://www.hiddenvalleyresort.com/winter/ski-and-ride/season-passes/hidden-valley-season-passes/

http://www.laurelmountainski.com/ski-ride/season-passes/

Asked Whitetail and they said Peak is finalizing the details but they don't have anything to announce yet.

Blue Knob hasn't announced anything yet either, though last year they had a screaming early bird deal of $199 for a full pass last year.  May want to keep your eyes on their site for that.  They also were giving passes away in exchange for 40 hours of "volunteer" work clearing brush, etc in the fall.

If you see any other early bird deals on passes, post them here so they're in one place and easy to find! :)

The Colonel - DCSki Supporter 
February 22, 2019
Member since 03/5/2004 🔗
3,110 posts

Snowshoe announced that the “Ridiculous Pass” would go on sale in early March (5th?) for a week +/-, price for next season is $249 per person.!!!!  Anybody got info on when IKON passes go on sale, and for how much?

somebody that has the specific dates for the “Ridiculous Pass” Sale please fill in the specifics.

MorganB

aka The Colonel

Bonzski
February 22, 2019
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts

The Colonel wrote:

Snowshoe announced that the “Ridiculous Pass” would go on sale in early March (5th?) for a week +/-, price for next season is $249 per person.!!!!  Anybody got info on when IKON passes go on sale, and for how much?

somebody that has the specific dates for the “Ridiculous Pass” Sale please fill in the specifics.

MorganB

aka The Colonel

March 5th - 14th, $259

Ridiculous 

rbrtlav
February 22, 2019 (edited February 22, 2019)
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
578 posts

I suspect IKON will go on sale March 5th and prices will either come out that day or a few days before. Looking at my credit card statement from 2018 it looks like my charge posed on 3/6 and I believe I bought it on the first day.

Did 7 springs raise their prices? I think the peak full pass was less than $500 in March last year and the drifter pass was $399. Imo if the ikon base remains around $599 and keeps the unlimited at snowshoe, the 7 springs pass seems to have a VERY small market

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort
Keith_Moon
February 23, 2019
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts

Jeez I wish I lived closer to Snowshoe - ugh!

superguy
February 25, 2019
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

7S prices may have gone up slightly, but are more or less the same as last year.  HV and LM offer cheaper passes for just their areas.

BK said on the FB page that there will be announcement on next year's prices soon, including the best prices of the year.  They didn't confirm or deny the $199 pass when I asked, so keep a watch on them if you're interested.

mdr227
February 25, 2019
Member since 01/11/2016 🔗
193 posts

Does anyone know if there is a chance of Peak Resorts joining in the Ikon pass?

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 25, 2019
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

mdr227 wrote:

Does anyone know if there is a chance of Peak Resorts joining in the Ikon pass?

My guess is that the list for Ikon won't be changing.  Very unlikely to for Peak to partner with Alterra.  Won't have to wait long for the Ikon initial pricing and resorts.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 25, 2019
3,246 posts

Mountain Collective for 2019-20 should be on sale in early March.  Sun Valley and Snowbasin won't be on it since they have become Epic pass partners.

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
February 26, 2019 (edited February 26, 2019)
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,580 posts

IKON PASS on sale beginning 3/5/19.  $649 starting point for adults 619 for renewals up to April 24

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
February 26, 2019
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

Sure wish Peak Resorts would hurry up and announce their preseason sales and deals for 2019-2020 season passes.  

• Will they join Ikon?  
  • Mountain Collective?  
  • Neither?
  • Will they continue Snowtime's great discounts for seniors - single-day tickets and eason passes? Or will all adults 30 and over be lumped together with no discounts for seniors skiing Liberty-Whitetail-Roundtop any more?
  • Will there be a separate pass for the Snowtime areas?

After more than 10 years with Whitetail and Liberty as my home areas, the decisions (or lack thereof) by Peak Resorts may well send me elsewhere.  'Would be very disappointed if that happens.

Woody

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 27, 2019
3,246 posts

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

IKON PASS on sale beginning 3/5/19.  $649 starting point for adults 619 for renewals up to April 24

Those are the prices for Base Ikon, which is probably more popular for mid-Atlantic folks.  There are prices for Young Adults ages 13-22 and for College students.

The list of locations is the same as for 2018-19.  At least for early March sales.

Bonzski
February 27, 2019
652 posts

Ikon Pass adds payment plan, family discounts

Steamboat Pilot Article

superguy
March 1, 2019 (edited March 1, 2019)
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Blue Knob's sale starts today at noon. Lowest prices of the season, per FB.

Any one going to bet on a $199 full season pass for next year? :D

JRunPatterson74
March 1, 2019
Member since 02/27/2019 🔗
27 posts

$299, $149 for midweek.  https://blueknob.ltibooking.com/categories/season-passes

superguy
March 1, 2019
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Not bad, that's about as high as I'd go on a season pass there.  They've had a much better year this year but still have a ways to go.  Regular price is also on the expensive side - it's only $100 less than the Highlands Pass that has 3 mountains with superior snowmaking, and more expensive than ST's regular prices this year (still remains to be seen what they'll do for next season).

I understand they need the money to improve, but it'll be a tough sell at regular price - especially if they haven't partnered with any other hills.

March 1, 2019
778 posts

Peak pass for 2019-20 went on sale today, March 1, at the ski areas for in-person purchases.  Online sales begin March 6.  Early season purchase deals end April 30â›·.  Will try to post the announcement.

Woody

778 posts

Can’t figure out my phone and DCSki.  Here are Peak Pass prices for 2019-20.  Check online for details.  Explorer Adult 629, Explorer Youth 399, Drifter 399, Ranger 529, Traveler 329, Scout 60.  Payment plan available.  No local passes or senior rates.

Woody

superguy
March 1, 2019
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Hear anything about advantage cards?  And not even night passes?

March 1, 2019
778 posts

superguy wrote:

Hear anything about advantage cards?  And not even night passes?

There's nothing listed on Peak Resorts season pass advertising about either night passes or advantage cards.  I picked up the ad card at Liberty today (Friday, March 1).

Woody

superguy
March 1, 2019
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

I asked Whitetail about it and got crickets chirping.  I'm heading up to Roundtop either today or tomorrow and I'll check it out.

The season pass page is gone from all 3 sites.  Liberty's the only one still mentioning NCCs and Advantage cards, though the prices are now all gone.

Really looking like Peak may be it.  Begs the question - do I do a Highlands Pass or a Peak Pass that I'll likely never use the other benefits on outside of ST resorts.

Peak sucks in that it raises the early bird price $150 for me, and now that I'm going to add my son on for next year, no family discount so another $250 for him.  That's $400 more it'll cost - almost as much as another ST pass!

ksampson3
March 1, 2019
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

bousquet19 wrote:

Can’t figure out my phone and DCSki.  Here are Peak Pass prices for 2019-20.  Check online for details.  Explorer Adult 629, Explorer Youth 399, Drifter 399, Ranger 529, Traveler 329, Scout 60.  Payment plan available.  No local passes or senior rates.

Woody

By no "local passes" are you saying that the Whitetail/Roundtop/Liberty pass option is gone? If that's the case, I'm done with them. That would mean my family of four's cost just jumped from $1576 to $2516 in one year??? I'd rather spend that money on an Epic or Ikon pass than pony up that kind of cash for our local bumps. 

ksampson3
March 1, 2019
Member since 01/9/2012 🔗
80 posts

ksampson3 wrote:

By no "local passes" are you saying that the Whitetail/Roundtop/Liberty pass option is gone? If that's the case, I'm done with them. That would mean my family of four's cost just jumped from $1576 to $2516 in one year??? I'd rather spend that money on an Epic or Ikon pass than pony up that kind of cash for our local bumps. 

Actually, maybe this isn't the worst thing to happen. This should motivate me to head to hills that I've always wanted to go to like Laurel Mountain and Canaan Valley. I'd put Timberline on that list, butttttttttt...

778 posts

ksampson3 wrote:

bousquet19 wrote:

Woody

True.  The people at Liberty made it clear today that, "all passes are Peak Passes now."  

I did indeed buy the Traveler (M-F) Peak Pass today, though, after a great deal of thought because of this DCSki.com thread.  I expect to ski enough on weekdays at Liberty and Whitetail to pay it off, and, as a bonus, I might get up to the Poconos and further NEast.

Woody

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
March 3, 2019
3,246 posts

Massanutten is selling 2019-20 season passes during late season for the first time.  10% off a Full Season pass.  For new passholders, it’s good all of March.  For renewing passholders, offering an 8-hour Buddy Pass good next season.  For someone who is within a couple hours drive who wants to get in another weekend ski day or two, a Special Value Pass could be a good deal since it’s good on Sundays, as well as Mon-Fri and Sat after 4pm.

Might be selling some passes today because it's snowing. :-)

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
March 5, 2019
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts

Any insight into the Snowshoe Ridiculous Pass and possible benefits at other Alterra resorts?  The pass page doesn't say anything, so just want to doublecheck if anyone has ever heard or seen of any discounts available at other sister resorts...  thanks! 

Bonzski
March 5, 2019
652 posts

Epic Day Pass announced

More options, more confusion

superguy
March 5, 2019 (edited March 5, 2019)
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

bousquet19 wrote:

ksampson3 wrote:

bousquet19 wrote:

Woody

True.  The people at Liberty made it clear today that, "all passes are Peak Passes now."

I did indeed buy the Traveler (M-F) Peak Pass today, though, after a great deal of thought because of this DCSki.com thread.  I expect to ski enough on weekdays at Liberty and Whitetail to pay it off, and, as a bonus, I might get up to the Poconos and further NEast.

Woody

Peak's website now confirms this too.  Also that the Night Club Cards and Advantage Cards are a thing of the past too.

Peak killed everything. :(

Only sorta glimmer is that this under 17 Explorer pass is $399 instead of the regular price.  Net increase for an adult and teen is nearly $200.

I talked to 7S this morning and asked them about payment plans in line of the changes at the former ST resorts.  They're looking into a few things and said they'd get back to me.

Latest (unconfirmed) rumor I heard over at RT's FB page is that Peak's going to start charging pass holders for preferred parking next season (currently $10 for non-pass holders).  That would seriously suck if true.  It's a great benefit at RT.

skiracerx
March 5, 2019
Member since 11/24/2008 🔗
226 posts

http://skidome.org/skidome2/wp-content/uploads/2019/03/PEAK_newPasses201920.pdf    What info I have 

wow charge for parking at RT.  I can't wait to read the 10-Q for jan 31 due out soon.

my numbers for me say $150 increase. real terms 5$ a visit or $1.25 per hr 

skiracerx
March 6, 2019
Member since 11/24/2008 🔗
226 posts

Corp communication is essential and it is lacking. For those who used the NCC or advantage card.  IF Snowtime mtns have a new web site like Hunter or Mt Snow take a look. They have buy lift online (dynamic pricing) On slow days the price is cheaper or bad weather or far enough in advance. I see discounts of 40% and lower , but you have to plan and buy a few days ahead. 

MT snow, Hunter and I bet Snowtime are the 5 Anchors as in most built out and.

examples of pricing buy ahead got to the hunter, mt snow and see-   I think for NCC or a 40% off advantage this will be the replacement and not be so horrible of a cost shock. But what do I know , it is a guess. 

superguy
March 6, 2019
Member since 03/8/2018 🔗
518 posts

Roundtop has denied paid parking for pass holders next year on their FB page.

wgo
March 7, 2019
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,666 posts

I tend to pay more attention to family passes. Wintergreen's pass for a family of 4 is $899 thru March 31. Price goes up to $999 after that, and then up to $1499 after Sept 2. This is a restricted pass - can't be used on Saturdays until 4 PM. But no restrictions on non-holiday Sundays or holiday Mondays, which was not the case a few years ago.

We have gotten a ton of value out of the SS ridiculous pass 2 years ago and the Ikon pass this year, but with no out of region trips planned next year we may go for the WTG pass for next season. Still not sure, we would certainly miss the trips to SS but it might be nice to have a pass again to a place within an hour of where I live.

March 7, 2019
1,580 posts

I locked down my Ikon Base Pass yesterday.  I know some boo at the Primo Add On but I bought that as well.  It appears I will be skiing weekends again at Snowshoe and I have ZERO interest in standing in that Ballhooter line.  A few weeks ago, we did 3 runs to our friends 1 and I've witnessed lines a lot worse than that day.

We did Big Sky this year on Ikon.  A few in our group are heading to Jackson Hole later this month so they're getting some real value on their Ikon Pass.  

I kicked around the idea of buying just a ridiculous pass, forgoing a trip out west for 2020 and buying a Highlands Pass since HV / 7S / LM are a within a day trip for me.  The deal breaker on that is one can only get the Primo Add On via Ikon Pass.  Primo cannot be added to a ridiculous pass.  Until SS comes up with a solution for the Ballhooter Cluster %$#@, I'm sticking with the Primo.

skinavy
March 7, 2019
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
78 posts

With the add'l  costs in Peak passes and apparent dropping of free/discounted passes for families of emplyees, several of us are considering switching to 7S or even SS, especially if we can grab a seasonal condo rental (we stay in a hotel most weekends currently) at one or the other.  The $259 Ridiculous pass makes it a little easier to swallow the longer drive... if we get our stuff together quickly enough to grab them.

A number of instructors teach largely to provide access for their families; if they have to pay retail to keep their families with them on weekends, much of the motivation to work at the hill is gone.  As it is, they don't get to ski with their family much while there.  7S or SS may be happy to snap up some experienced instructors!  Granted the pool of fresh instructor meat is large but if a large enough cadre of experienced ones leave for better family deals, there can be a quality hit.

wgo
March 11, 2019
1,666 posts
I think we have settled on the wintergreen family pass. There are reciprocal benefits at wisp, so we may do a couple ski weekends there. I do need to check if there are any restrictions on those benefits, since the WTG pass is not good on Saturdays before 4 pm.
wgo
March 11, 2019
1,666 posts
Also: the wisp season pass is competitively priced. $279 for an individual, no restrictions.
SkiBunny
March 11, 2019 (edited March 11, 2019)
Member since 02/13/2014 🔗
18 posts

Blue Don - was the Primo add on $199 again? I got a chuckle out of your comment that the agent might not have even known WV was part of the Fifty Nifty States. IMO $200 for season long skip the line access is a total no brainer.

We are roller coaster lovers and drop that price sometimes per person for ONE day at a theme park in order to skip the lines. Hard to swallow but just like with skiing at SS on the weekends, when you only have the opportunity to visit a park on a certain day, have arranged travel and paid for lodging, pet coverage, it may be your only chance that year to visit, etc., it would be a much less fun trip to otherwise stand in the hot cattle grids all day and not get on many rides. Throw some money at the problem to make the experience more enjoyable. By no means are we rich (ha!) but we factor this into our yearly fun budget.

I’d be interested to hear your typical weekend plan of attack. Even with the Primo it can get crazy crowded on some of the slopes. If I had the opportunity to ski at SS as often as you and some of the others on this site I’d be getting the Primo as well. Enjoy it!!

March 11, 2019 (edited March 11, 2019)
1,580 posts

SkiBunny, yes, $199 plus tax for Primo add on to an Ikon Pass / Ikon Base Pass.  Best 200 bucks I spent this year.  I have ZERO interest in standing in line for 30 minutes. A couple folks in our group did not do Primo and regret it.  They bought it for next year.

A typical day for our group is to be standing at the Ballhooter Rope at 8:55 AM.  We ski all the blues and blacks that feed into Ballhooter first thing in the morning.  Then we decide on Western or Soaring Eagle once all the crowds start to build.  A few laps on either of those, then we try to meet some of our non skiing spouses for lunch in the village -  no later than 11:30. 

After lunch we assess the crowds and if it's a zoo, we hop on the bus to Silver Creek and ski those trails for a while.  We try and catch the bus back no later than 3:30.  We off load at Western and may do a run or 2 there or head back towards Ballhooter.

Our condos are in Mtn Lodge so we have to make that one last ride up Ballhooter. 

wgo
March 11, 2019
1,666 posts

What Blue Don said. You can also ride grabhammer lift to access the basin blues when ballhooter is crazy. While the lift is slow the lines are generally not too bad as long as all the other lifts are also running. If you do use the shuttle to SC, please do follow the advice given above and try to shuttle back by 3:30 - the wait for a shuttle can get long as you get nearer to 4:30. Finally, there are various other tricks you can use if you are willing to pole uphill or walk a bit.

Keith_Moon
March 14, 2019
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts

I can't believe I swung it but I got my wife to agree to get Snowshoe's Ridiculous Pass for our family of four.  I hate the 5.5 hour drive but as the RP pays for itself on the 3rd day of skiing I can suck it up. Yippee!

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.