News Articles and Magazine Features about Western PA Resorts
3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2019
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts

Larry Walsh's resort round-up was published by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. You can find it here:  Better snowmaking, better skiing expected this winter at region's resorts and his companion piece Guide to local resorts.

The Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau also publishes a biannual magazine. The current issue contains a feature story about Laurel Mountain as well articles about Seven Springs and x-c skiing at nearby Koosier State Park. The magazine is distributed at local merchants, Interstate Highway and other visitor info kiosks, and by subscription by calling 800-678-5779. Perhaps the current issue can be obtained by request at laurelhighland@sunflowerpub.com.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2019
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

Good article!

Although for the info about the locations on the Indy Pass besides Blue Knob, I'd have to say that spending a weekend at Massanutten might be more worth the drive from western PA than going to Bryce.  At least for people who can ski blacks at BK, 7Springs/HV/Laurel.  Bryce is a nice little mountain for beginners/intermediates and I gather there aren't really lift lines to worry about on weekends.  But there is more blue/black terrain at Mnut, plus more to do besides skiing/boarding.

The father and tween daughter from Philly who met up with me and my daughter for a late season weekend at Mnut a while back had a very good time.  Spending an evening at the indoor waterpark was a bonus.

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2019
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

Laurel Hill Crazie wrote:

Larry Walsh's resort round-up was published by the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. You can find it here:  Better snowmaking, better skiing expected this winter at region's resorts and his companion piece Guide to local resorts.

The Laurel Highlands Visitors Bureau also publishes a biannual magazine. The current issue contains a feature story about Laurel Mountain as well articles about Seven Springs and x-c skiing at nearby Koosier State Park. The magazine is distributed at local merchants, Interstate Highway and other visitor info kiosks, and by subscription by calling 800-678-5779. Perhaps the current issue can be obtained by request at laurelhighland@sunflowerpub.com.

I had been checking for these over the weekend for my annual commuter skier preview blog post. Thanks for sharing! If you see any more in the Mid-Atlantic, please share.

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.