Catch a vowel, not an edge.
Home
Multi-resort passes for 2020-21: Epic, Ikon, MCP, plus Indy
9 posts from 6 users
Updated 21 days ago
Jump to Newest Post
marzNC - DCSki Supporter
23 days ago

Now that Ikon, Epic, and MCP are all available, guess it’s time for a new thread.  

I’m going to post stuff about the Indy Pass here too.  It won’t be available until Sept. 1, 2020 but is definitely coming back for a second season.

Scott published a good article in early March about Ikon vs Epic:  http://www.dcski.com/articles/1607

Discussion about multi-resort passes for 2019-20:  http://www.dcski.com/forum/96591

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
23 days ago

News that isn’t fully public yet is that Windham will be added to Ikon.  The Windham season passholders were told today.

The Epic Northeast pass options are new for those who don’t want to spring for Epic Local to ski in PA, with perhaps a few days in NY/VT at Vail Resorts locations.

23 days ago
Not on the same scale as the other passes but for next year wintergreen passholders get unlimited access to the sister resorts, including Wisp. Previously was limited to 6 tickets per sister resort. We enjoyed having wintergreen an hour away and Wisp for easy weekend trips this season, although we will probably we switching back to snowshoe for next season (or maybe TL depending on what they announce next week)
21 days ago

Given the short and crappy season, I did not get much value from my Ikon Pass.  13 days on the slopes.  10 at Snowshoe (a few were 1/2 days) and 3 in Utah.  I was all in $819 (619 Ikon + 200 Primo) for those 13 days.  

It’s those damn Snowshoe lift lines on weekends that really “forces” me to go Ikon + Primo.  That Primo came in handy for 4 - 5 days but that adds 200 to my cost.

21 days ago

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Given the short and crappy season, I did not get much value from my Ikon Pass.  13 days on the slopes.  10 at Snowshoe (a few were 1/2 days) and 3 in Utah.  I was all in $819 (619 Ikon + 200 Primo) for those 13 days.  

It’s those damn Snowshoe lift lines on weekends that really “forces” me to go Ikon + Primo.  That Primo came in handy for 4 - 5 days but that adds 200 to my cost.

The crappy weather all season restricted trail options, exacerbrating the lines.  The new Powder Monkey lift should help.  And figure out the issues with Soaring Eagle.

21 days ago

Bonzski wrote:

The new Powder Monkey lift should help. 

They’re replacing the lift at Powder Monkey?  If so, with what?

21 days ago

I was planning on getting value from my Ikon pass beginning now. Laurel is closed and Seven Springs is now weekends only if they decide to reopen at all. My plan was to head to New England for a few weeks then finish my season in Utah. I did hit Vermont and used 4 days at Sugarbush in January. I also got 5 at Jackson Hole but the late season plan was to hit Killington, last day at Sugarbush then head further north to Sugarloaf maybe hit Loon or Sunday River. Then fly out to Utah and try to catch Deer Valley before they close then Snowbird. Now Covid-19 has shut nearly everyone down. Even if they do reopen both my wife and I are in the high risk group. Me, over 65 but more importantly, my wife has severe asthma and is also treated for an immune deficiency for IGG that protects against respiratory infection plus underlying bronchiectasis due to repeated respiratory infections. Until this virus is under control I will wait before spending money again on such a pass again. I wonder if Ikon or Epic will make adjustments to returning pass holders if they are forced to end their season now. I predict a steep drop in preseason super pass sales.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
21 days ago

Laurel Hill Crazie wrote:

I wonder if Ikon or Epic will make adjustments to returning pass holders if they are forced to end their season now. I predict a steep drop in preseason super pass sales.

Wonder if the deadline dates for the lowest prices will just be extended?  Doubt we’ll see any announcements for a while though.  Way too many unknowns right now.

Have seen somewhere that for the Epic Day Pass for 2019-20, they will be honored until something like 12/20/2020.  So trying to get people to think about an early season trip next winter.

21 days ago

Good question about the early season pricing. The Snowshoe pass (non-Ikon) goes up in price after 3/19

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Speak truth to powder.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.23 seconds