If there's any positive...
5 posts
5 users
2k+ views
jn_freedman
March 17, 2020
Member since 03/17/2018 🔗
24 posts

This season was so messed up that it each one of us will remember it for the rest of our lives....  I think is a positive.

JNF

Leo
March 18, 2020
Member since 11/15/2005 🔗
356 posts

I tell my kids that all the time.  You don't really remember the stuff that goes perfectly well.  You remember the adventures and the challenges.

I kind of like the idea of a bright side thread.  I'll add:  for those of us in the MA/east, at least it wasn't an aprubt end to an amzing season.  Imagine if there were feet and feet of great snow and we were forced to end the season.  Either way, there wasn't that much left of the season here, maybe this coming weekend and that was it.

JimK - DCSki Columnist
March 18, 2020
Member since 01/14/2004 🔗
2,964 posts

Price of gas is dropping fast, but we can't go anywhere:-)

fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter 
March 19, 2020
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
169 posts

Everything has a silver lining.  Speak for myself and myself only.  I have to cancel my April Banff trip due to this virus. I am disappointed but also glad the same time.  I had a minor meniscus tear on my left knee from skiing.  I did not know when it happened, likely was from my multi week adult dev lessons at Liberty.  Then the Taos trip in March made the injury worse.  Now the Banff trip is canceled, I can have sufficient time to rest and heal (if it can heal at all).  

I was happy w/ the Taos trip even though it worsend my knee injury.  I got to ski Kachina Peak the very 1st time.  Never in my wildest dream I thought I'd be able to do this, something so unattainable and so beyond my reach.  But I did it, not the prettiest form or turn but I made it down.  

This season I skied only 15 days, but I am satisfied and content.  

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter 
March 20, 2020
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
778 posts

fosphenytoin wrote:

Everything has a silver lining.  Speak for myself and myself only.  I have to cancel my April Banff trip due to this virus. I am disappointed but also glad the same time.  I had a minor meniscus tear on my left knee from skiing.  I did not know when it happened, likely was from my multi week adult dev lessons at Liberty.  Then the Taos trip in March made the injury worse.  Now the Banff trip is canceled, I can have sufficient time to rest and heal (if it can heal at all).  

I was happy w/ the Taos trip even though it worsend my knee injury.  I got to ski Kachina Peak the very 1st time.  Never in my wildest dream I thought I'd be able to do this, something so unattainable and so beyond my reach.  But I did it, not the prettiest form or turn but I made it down.  

This season I skied only 15 days, but I am satisfied and content.  

Best wishes for a full recovery, fosphenytoin!

Woody

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?