Chronicling the corduroy.
Home
Gondolas
5 posts from 2 users
Updated 20 days ago
Jump to Newest Post
25 days ago

Good to see gondolas running  this summer, let them get their system worked out, I was wondering if they might hinder any ski area that had them this winter bye not being able to run them so that’s why I am relieved to have them running, maybe for this season mid week is the way to go   , maybe some of the mountains that aren’t on the “mega passes” are the way to go ie Timberline

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
22 days ago

Probably not that hard to run gondolas that have small cabins.  Meaning 4-seaters instead of 8-seaters.  It’s like elevators, the idea is to only put people together who came together.

22 days ago

marzNC wrote:

Probably not that hard to run gondolas that have small cabins.  Meaning 4-seaters instead of 8-seaters.  It’s like elevators, the idea is to only put people together who came together.

Yes I am just glad to see they are in play! That helped my choice on a season pass for this season, I hear it’s going to be easier to ski sticking with a mountain vs a mega pass this season, I see Vail closed resorts when they didn’t have too, I think that is a tell tail for this season, 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
22 days ago

Vermont wrote:

marzNC wrote:

Yes I am just glad to see they are in play! That helped my choice on a season pass for this season, I hear it’s going to be easier to ski sticking with a mountain vs a mega pass this season, I see Vail closed resorts when they didn’t have too, I think that is a tell tail for this season, 

The decision by Rob Katz to close all VR resorts in mid-March was the right thing to do from the standpoint of public health.  COVID-19 was spreading in Colorado in February.  People who flew home from Denver to Australia, Mexico, and other other counties tested positive after getting home.  CO was simply not ready to test enough to tell what was happening.

What I think is more relevant is how VR is managing their resorts this summer.  Sunapee is not opening for summer activities.  That is likely a financial decision given that NH and the rest of New Englad is doing okay in terms of COVID-19.

I do think independent resorts may have an advantage for this winter.  They probably have a higher percentage of guests who drive instead of fly.

20 days ago

marzNC wrote:

Vermont wrote:

marzNC wrote:

The decision by Rob Katz to close all VR resorts in mid-March was the right thing to do from the standpoint of public health.  COVID-19 was spreading in Colorado in February.  People who flew home from Denver to Australia, Mexico, and other other counties tested positive after getting home.  CO was simply not ready to test enough to tell what was happening.

What I think is more relevant is how VR is managing their resorts this summer.  Sunapee is not opening for summer activities.  That is likely a financial decision given that NH and the rest of New Englad is doing okay in terms of COVID-19.

I do think independent resorts may have an advantage for this winter.  They probably have a higher percentage of guests who drive instead of fly.

Good point about driving, I have a friend who likes like ikon as flying is part of her job and she flies easily, if I had a good flying system I would probably be on ikon or epic

Ad: Seven Springs Mountain Resort

Speak truth to powder.
If you'd like to share your own comments, please log in to DCSki.
Don't have a profile? Create one here.
Page load time: 0.21 seconds