Looking for Greek Peak Insights
8 posts
5 users
3k+ views
Dafixison
February 10, 2021
Member since 01/30/2020 🔗
36 posts
We are meeting some friends at Elk this Sunday and Monday.  Looking to explore another nearby resort for Saturday, and found Greek Peak less than two hours away.  Has anyone been to Greek Peak and could provide some insights or comparisons to the local resorts around here?  Thanks
Keith_Moon
February 10, 2021
Member since 02/19/2019 🔗
204 posts

I went there about 5 years ago and had a great time.  The vertical is slightly less than Montage or Elk but it has considerably more acreage.

They seem to be pretty close to 100% open with sub-freezing temps all week and snow in the forecast Saturday.

I would not hesitate to go myself but it's a 10-hour drive for me...

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
February 25, 2021
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts
Bumping in case any other insight is out there, if they get some march snow might be worth checking out with my Indy pass-
Dafixison
February 25, 2021
Member since 01/30/2020 🔗
36 posts

Unfortunately, we didn't make it to Greek Peak as planned for the President's Day weekend.  We skied at Elk Mountain for allthree days, and it was wonderful (well...at least Monday was...Saturday and Sunday were super busy).

Waiting for the Indypass Spring sale so that we can try out some of the resorts up North during Spring Break for the kids.

RodneyBD wrote:

Bumping in case any other insight is out there, if they get some march snow might be worth checking out with my Indy pass-
Mongo
February 25, 2021
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
98 posts
I went to Greek Peak in 1978 and I thought it was great! But I hadn’t been to a lot of other places at that point in my life. 😀
marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 25, 2021
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
3,246 posts

The best source of info about Greek is on NYSkiBlog.

nyskiblog.com

I stopped by and took a look at the base in the fall several years ago.  Definitely reminded me of ski resorts in PA.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 26, 2021
3,246 posts

Didn't realize how much tree terrain exists at Greek.  The Alba family has been making short films about their skiing adventures in the northeast for a while.  Their latest is about Greek Peak.

https://youtu.be/eb4YohqwOTk

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
February 27, 2021
3,246 posts

Here's a recent trip report for Greek Peak.  The writer went after a lake effects snowstorm.

https://nyskiblog.com/another-greek-peak-weekend/#more-62840

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?