Multi-resort passes for 2021-22: Epic, Ikon, MCP, Indy
22 posts
12 users
1k+ views
marzNC - DCSki Supporter
one month ago (edited one month ago)
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
2,449 posts

The buzz is starting for multi-resort passes for 2021-22 already.  Ikon will be available on March 11.  Presumably Epic will be available in March as well.

Indy is changing this up for 2021-22.  Instead of waiting until early September, it will go on sale some time in early summer.

Boyne Resorts is selling their New England pass (Loon, Sunday River, Sugarloaf) already.  Then will pause after April 30.  For most of 2020, Boyne only offered a Maine pass for 2020-21 after it was clear capacity limits would impact Loon more.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
2,449 posts

Starting to get interesting for 2021-22 multi-resort passes.

The MCP will definitely exist.  Price will be $499 initially with a bonus day at one pre-selected resort per usual.  That's an increase of $30.  A discounted rate is being offered to people who got the MCP for 2020-21 for about a week.

A friend with Epic said that the email today said that lift access reservations would be required for all Epic locations next season.  More details are to be announced in late March.

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
188 posts
Any new resorts for MCP in 2021-22?
marzNC - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
2,449 posts

RodneyBD wrote:

Any new resorts for MCP in 2021-22?

I'm not expecting any.  But you never know with the MCP.  Often announcements about additions are made in late summer or early fall.

The last addition was Grand Targhee.  I have friends who got the MCP for 2020-21 because they were going to Jackson and included a day or two at GT as part of their trip.  The MCP can be quite a good value for someone who flies into SLC and rents a car.  Can get in quite a few days using the MCP at multiple destination resorts if it's possible to spend a week or so.

DCSki Sponsor: DCSki
Bonzski
one month ago
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
543 posts
Snowshoe & Ikon passes on sale today.  I noticed Snowshoe's Silver Creek pass (new for next season) gives access to basin & western territories during the value seasons, plus discounts on retail, lodging, etc.
Mongo
one month ago
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
47 posts
In 2020, IIRC a weekend/holiday ticket at Snowshoe was $99 for adults and $82 for a kid 6-12. Was that what it was this year, too? Want to do the math on the season passes.
Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,473 posts

They use dynamic pricing so lift ticket prices can change daily.   

As of right now, (3/11/21) an adult ticket for 3/12/21 is 119 and a 5-12 ticket is 100.  

Mongo wrote:

In 2020, IIRC a weekend/holiday ticket at Snowshoe was $99 for adults and $82 for a kid 6-12. Was that what it was this year, too? Want to do the math on the season passes.
itdoesntmatter
one month ago
Member since 01/17/2007 🔗
126 posts

I deferred my IKON pass this year, so it will be IKON in 2022. 

First thoughts are a trip to Vermont and Snowshoe, and then a bigger trip out west to Steamboat.  Southwest flies into Steamboat now and I've got points to use.  

Evans Dad - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 01/27/2021 🔗
29 posts

itdoesntmatter wrote:

I deferred my IKON pass this year, so it will be IKON in 2022. 

First thoughts are a trip to Vermont and Snowshoe, and then a bigger trip out west to Steamboat.  Southwest flies into Steamboat now and I've got points to use.  

That's good to know about Southwest!

Evans Dad - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 01/27/2021 🔗
29 posts
Does anyone know if kids under 12 still ski free at Steamboat for parents skiing under the Ikon pass? 
Mongo
one month ago
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
47 posts

I was thinking that next season we’d go up to VT the week after Christmas. That being the case, I’d want to get the “full” Ikon pass, because the base Ikon pass is blacked out for that week, and buying lift tickets in VT at the window is much more expensive than upgrading from base Ikon to full Ikon. Correct? 

(And Ikon provides discount on lodging...)

bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
699 posts

Mongo wrote:

I was thinking that next season we’d go up to VT the week after Christmas. That being the case, I’d want to get the “full” Ikon pass, because the base Ikon pass is blacked out for that week, and buying lift tickets in VT at the window is much more expensive than upgrading from base Ikon to full Ikon. Correct? 

(And Ikon provides discount on lodging...)

Absolutely.

The math will be straightforward.  Check the new rates when they’re announced.

You should do well with the full Indies if the ski areas on the pass match your interests.

Woody (edited to clarify)

pagamony - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
838 posts
Wintergreen has the oddest assortment of pass partners - Wisp, Powderhorn, Ragged, and Mt Washington BC.  Anyway, their pass is $349 which is sorta ok considering their announced prices for next year are $109 (holiday)) and $99 (weekend) so I'd guess weekday is about $85.    I'll use mine this coming weekend.  
marzNC - DCSki Supporter
2,449 posts

pagamony wrote:

Wintergreen has the oddest assortment of pass partners - Wisp, Powderhorn, Ragged, and Mt Washington BC.  Anyway, their pass is $349 which is sorta ok considering their announced prices for next year are $109 (holiday)) and $99 (weekend) so I'd guess weekday is about $85.    I'll use mine this coming weekend.  

Those are not pass "partners" in the same sense as Ikon Partners or resorts on the MCP.  That list are resorts operated by Pacific Group Resorts, Inc.  Most are also owned by PGRI.  Agree it's an odd collection.

pgri.us

The collection of resorts owned by Powdr also include some unexpected places.  I keep forgetting that Copper and Eldora are owned by Powdr.  They also bought Mt. Bachelor.  Have owned Killington for a while.

wgo
one month ago
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,357 posts
The last time we did the Wintergreen pass (2019-2020 season) the reciprocal benefits with Wisp made it worthwhile - WTG is an hour away for me, Wisp 3.5 hours so that made a nice combo.
pagamony - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
838 posts
Even longer for me (5 yrs maybe?), but since the entire family is going this weekend, made sense to pass it.  
jimw
Member since 02/2/2015 🔗
82 posts

I've been buying the Ikons since they came out.  Riding SS(home owner), Steamboat,, Big Sky, Grand Targhee(2 day tickets) and then Jackson Hole.

I have been considering buying the MCP pass for next year since they added Grand Targhee(buddies new home mountain) but when looking at the numbers the Ikon has a better value(because it includes my home mountain.) If I didn't go to Snowshoe, the MCP would be my choice and yes it works great for a Utah trip, too.

MCP is now on sale.

This is a nice site to compare and research resorts.

https://www.zrankings.com/ski-resorts/season-passes

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
2,449 posts

The Mountain Collective Pass (MCP) is on sale for 2021-22.  Can change your mind before Aug. 31, 2021 and get a full refund.  $499 with a bonus day at one pre-selected destination is the starting price.  That's $30 more than a year ago. 

What's new is the Teen (13-18) MCP for $399.  That could change the calculations for some families.   $129 for kids 12 and under.

The fact that there are no blackout dates for the MCP is another factor to consider.

fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
146 posts

There was a pre-sale $479 for past year's MCP passholders.  If you did not select "opt out" when you created MCP account, you should get this pre-sale email.   (I never got it because I selected "opt out" on their promo emails)

This $479 promo price is already passed.  

I was told, however, you can still get this price within the next few days if you had MCP past season. But you need to call MCP (or via chat) and have them put in the price $479  for you. 

I may get MCP + Epic next season.  MCP works better for me because it has no blackout dates and I don't need to plan my trips around it.  For my situation, I plan to do multi-week adult dev program at Liberty next season, usually programs are Jan and Feb weekends.  There will be no class on MLK and President's day weekend.  Therefore, these 2 weekends I can travel out west to ski (I prefer to go mid season).  Ikon base will not work because of blackout dates.  Full Ikon price point is too $$$ since I won't be able to use up that many days in a single resort.  MCP price point is lower and I can get 3rd day bonus if purchase now.  I had Ikon base for one year (last season) and I found it too troublesome to plan my destinations around blackouts.  For Ikon destinations without blackouts, I don't have a strong desire to go...  

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
one month ago
2,449 posts

I thought the Freedom Pass was history, but apparently not.  Probably doesn't really make any difference for DCSki readers because it's a perk for season passholders for a short list of small mountains.  Passholders get 3 free days at the other ski areas.  Includes Greek Peak, which is also part of the Indy Pass.

https://skifreedompass.com

Lost Valley, ME

Yawgoo Valley, RI

Black Mountain, NH

McIntyre, NH

Whaleback, NH

Greek Peak, NY

Mont du Lac, WI

Ski Cooper, CO

Sunlight, CO

1616033944_thydthiijpmk.jpg

fosphenytoin - DCSki Supporter
27 days ago
Member since 12/20/2017 🔗
146 posts
Purchased MCP for next season today, got early promo price at $479 and 3rd bonus day.  

Need to select a destination for the 3rd bonus day upon purchase, you can change it before August 31st, 2021. 
MCP offers full refund before August 31st if you decide not to go w/ MCP next season.
bousquet19 - DCSki Supporter
26 days ago (edited 26 days ago)
Member since 02/23/2006 🔗
699 posts

After a day's delay because of the killings in Boulder CO (where many of Epic's employees live), Epic/Vail has announced its season pass rates for 2021-22.  All are reduced from 2020-21 prices by 20%.  Epic Pass 2021-2022

For those of us who ski in the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast only, Epic has the Epic Northeast Pass.  Options include price reductions for midweek only, seniors, college, and so forth.

Epic/Vail ski resorts in the DCSki area include Liberty, Whitetail, Roundtop, Jack Frost, Big Boulder.

Woody

DCSki Sponsor: DCSki

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.