9 posts
6 users
1k+ views
rbrtlav
28 days ago
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
511 posts

skiwhitetail.com

A similar text seems to be on all vail owned resorts, hopefully they will link it to the pass.

Can’t wait to see the social media pages. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
27 days ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
2,544 posts

Yep, people on other forums who use an Epic pass for local skiing are talking about the VR plans for COVID-19 safety precautions.  The folks in the northeast who got used to booting up in the car seem pretty happy with the rules.  Some are the type who like to have a hot lunch indoors at times.  They are also the type who got vaccinated as soon as they were eligible.

What's making the nervous folks . . . nervous . . . is the idea they might have to ride a gondola with strangers.  I'll be surprised if people would be forced to do that though.  Except for Saturdays and holidays, how much difference would it make?

ZARDOG
24 days ago
Member since 10/25/2020 🔗
80 posts

Surely Vail has done a bit of survey and would rather side on caution since 70% + would be vaccinated.

Northeast is one of the highest vaccinated areas in the USA. 

Dark blue on the map is at 70% vaccinated. 

Ski school and food/beverage took a bit hit on profits last season. 

1632574975_digpbqntgngd.jpg

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
23 days ago
2,544 posts

ZARDOG wrote:

Surely Vail has done a bit of survey and would rather side on caution since 70% + would be vaccinated.

Most of Vail Resorts with gondolas are not in the northeast.  The people wondering about sharing a gondola with an unmasked stranger are thinking about Whistler or resorts in Tahoe or the Rockies.

70% vaccinated really doesn't make any difference if the people that are near someone happen to be unvaccinated.  Masking will be required indoors in general.  Masking not required on lifelines or in gondolas based on the policies just announced.  Employees will be required to be vaccinated.

Scott - DCSki Editor
23 days ago
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,143 posts

While Vail Resorts won't be requiring face coverings in lift lines or on lifts (including gondolas), they will adjust their policies locally based on regional restrictions.  For example, currently the Provincial Health Authority of British Columbia is requiring face coverings on gondolas, so as of right now face coverings will be required on gondola rides at Whistler Blackcomb.

I published a story earlier today that includes some more details about COVID-19 protocols this winter at Vail Resorts properties.

camp
10 days ago
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
600 posts

ZARDOG wrote:

1632574975_digpbqntgngd.jpg

The county that Whitetail sits in is 44% vaccinated. Liberty's is 49%.

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
10 days ago
2,544 posts

camp wrote:

The county that Whitetail sits in is 44% vaccinated. Liberty's is 49%.

Not good.  But what matters more is the vax rate for the people who pay to get on the slopes, whether by buying an Epic pass or a day ticket.

My house is part of a metropolitan area that has a high vax rate.  But there are places less than an hour of my house with low vax rates and no mask requirements for indoor businesses.

The saying "think global, act local" comes to mind when deciding how to stay safe these days.  When it comes to skiing, anywhere outdoors is quite low risk.  Whether or not people want to spend more than a few minutes indoors is harder to say, regardless of the public health rules in place.

Jaxon
yesterday
Member since 10/12/2021 🔗
2 posts

The social media fallout has been pretty glorious to see. The big 2 questions I have:

1) Will this lead to other resorts taking similar steps? I imagine many of the resorts on the Ikon or Mtn Collective pass will.

2) How much will they actually enforce the vaccine requirement? I've been to a few events this year where vaccines were "required" but the staff didn't care to even try and enforce.

rbrtlav wrote:

Can’t wait to see the social media pages. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter
yesterday (edited yesterday)
2,544 posts

Jaxon wrote:

The social media fallout has been pretty glorious to see. The big 2 questions I have:

1) Will this lead to other resorts taking similar steps? I imagine many of the resorts on the Ikon or Mtn Collective pass will.

2) How much will they actually enforce the vaccine requirement? I've been to a few events this year where vaccines were "required" but the staff didn't care to even try and enforce.

The big difference between Vail Resorts and the other multi-resort companies is that VR wants to have the same rules for every location, from small hills in the Midwest to destination resorts in the Rockies or Tahoe.  Alterra, Powdr, and Boyne don't work that way.  I don't expect any of the independent destination resorts that are Ikon Partners trying to require vaccinations either.  Certainly won't happen at Jackson Hole.  WY is one of the states that doesn't want employers to be able to require vaccination for employees.

Copper is NOT requiring vaccination for any indoor spaces.  That probably means Powdr won't try that at any other of their resorts either.  They are having enough complaints because of the Fast Tracks for Copper, Snowbird, Killington, and Bachelor.

WHAT WE ARE ASKING OF COPPER GUESTS – 

• Masks are no longer required at Copper Mountain but are recommended for all unvaccinated individuals while indoors per CDC guidelines. The latest Summit County Public Health Order requires masks only for individuals ages 2-11 years old, who cannot receive the protection of the vaccine, in indoor group settings.
  • There are no restrictions on dining, indoor space or chairlift capacities.
  • Parking reservations are no longer required for the 2021/22 season. Guests parking in our interior paid lots still have the option of making a parking reservation to ensure their parking space, but reservations are not mandatory.
  • Guests are encouraged to purchase lift tickets, lessons, activity passes, etc. online and in-advance. Guests can utilize Pick-Up Boxes, located around the resort, to print Copper Mountain ski passes and lift tickets.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?