Local shops for tech work
6 posts
4 users
2k+ views
Evans Dad - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2021
Member since 01/27/2021 🔗
59 posts

Hey all!  Since last I was an active skier, my go-to ski shops have closed.  I was able to get good technical service from Ski Center and Ski Chalet.  Since they have either closed or have been purchased, I was wondering which shops in the area currently offer quality tech work?  I know that Ski Center LTD was opened by some of the Ski Center employees, but I'm not sure that the service dept moved over as well. 

Where do you go?  Thanks :)

RodneyBD - DCSki Supporter 
November 19, 2021
Member since 12/21/2004 🔗
259 posts

Brian and his crew at Ski LTD are awesome you will not be disappointed.

skicenterltd.com

Spread the word because local ski shops need our support.

Alpine location out in Sterling has great folks but I've never bought anything from them.

Bonzski
November 19, 2021
Member since 10/21/2015 🔗
652 posts
December 1, 2021
59 posts
I just dropped off new skis & bindings to be mounted at Alpine in Fairfax.  They've been in business for 50 years and I hadn't even heard of them!  From brief conversations it seems like they have some knowledgeable folks and Brian Eardly from defunct Ski Center even works there now. 
January 11, 2022
59 posts

Just to report, Alpine did a great job on mounting the bindings.  I know, it's not that hard, but poor mount jobs happen a lot. 

I found the techs I talked to very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.  I also made an appointment to have Brian Eardly set up my new Atomic Hawx Ultra boots and make me some new foot beds.  I have kind of difficult feet (narrow but high instep, big ankles) and I was shocked to find that after 5 or 6 days on the snow, I have no complaints!!  A first for me and new boots.  He's a great resource for us DC Ski-ers and also a great guy! 

VaTech2k
January 11, 2022
Member since 02/13/2018 🔗
15 posts

I recently used Alpine for the first time on a new binding set up as well.  They were friendly, helpful, and the price was quite a bit less than the other ski shop that I normally use. 

Evans Dad wrote:

Just to report, Alpine did a great job on mounting the bindings.  I know, it's not that hard, but poor mount jobs happen a lot. 

I found the techs I talked to very friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful.  I also made an appointment to have Brian Eardly set up my new Atomic Hawx Ultra boots and make me some new foot beds.  I have kind of difficult feet (narrow but high instep, big ankles) and I was shocked to find that after 5 or 6 days on the snow, I have no complaints!!  A first for me and new boots.  He's a great resource for us DC Ski-ers and also a great guy! 

DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.