Laurel Mountain, Dream Highway, This weekend
5 posts
3 users
1k+ views
jch
January 15, 2022
Member since 01/15/2022 🔗
1 posts
For our Laurel Mountain Friends, is there a chance that Dream Highway is open on Monday? 
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 16, 2022
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
It all depends on snowfall totals. There is no snowmaking on Dream. If there is close to a foot of snow, then chances are excellent. I hate to say this, but I hope they roll it out and pack it down to create a base that will last a little longer. Okay, I hear the groans. Pack it out Monday night after the powder hounds (me) get to it.
imp - DCSki Supporter 
January 16, 2022
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts
right now Dream is bare.  it has no icy base like last year. upper area that is grassy will be skiable with 6-8 inches but will ski off fast. the lower runout section has no grass just rocky dirt.  a lot depends on the moisture content of the snow,  I doubt Lower dream opens
Laurel Hill Crazie - DCSki Supporter 
January 16, 2022
Member since 08/16/2004 🔗
2,038 posts
imp has a better handle on this than I do. If the lower section of Dream from The Slot down is not ready, then Dream will not be opened because once you commit to Dream, there is no way to avoid that section unless you hike up to Lower Wildcat. Am I right, imp?
imp - DCSki Supporter 
January 16, 2022
Member since 01/11/2007 🔗
299 posts

I expect snow bowl, kitty cats and Laurel to be open, with a traverse to skiers left to lower wildcat or last chance.  last locaal forecast says 6-8 by daylight monday, not enough for the lower part.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.