3 posts
3 users
1k+ views
Warren S - DCSki Supporter 
March 4, 2022
Member since 03/4/2022 🔗
1 posts

Hello everyone, 

This is my first post, so far I'm finding the DCSki community quite interesting. Over time I collect snowmaking data from Liberty Mountain, and compare skiing conditions to the statistical part of snowmaking, which includes my roster of over 200 snow-guns and hydrants mapped at Liberty, so far. Usually, I obtain my own photos and videos, but after dislocating my kneecap on White Lightning Monday, it seems my chance of getting out to get more pictures will be difficult. I'm looking for photos or videos of Whitney's Way that clearly show the snowguns on the left side both at the top, and bottom. From some older video I found on YouTube it seems there are about 2-3 lance/stick guns at the top of Whitney's Way, but I'm not sure if this is still the situation. 

You can view all of my maps and snowgun roster at my website: warrenschafer.com or via a Google Drive link that leads you to the folder with them stored: drive.google.com

Thanks, everyone,

Warren

Scott - DCSki Editor
March 5, 2022
Member since 10/10/1999 🔗
1,249 posts
Welcome Warren!  I'm afraid I probably won't be able to make it to Liberty before they close, but I checked out your blog and wanted to compliment you on your backyard snowmaking success.  That's a pretty cool hobby.
eggraid
March 9, 2022
Member since 02/9/2010 🔗
510 posts
Sorry to hear about your injury, I've had the same injury, and it's a painful one. Good luck with your recovery. Unfortunately I won't be able to help either, I don't have any plans to be at Liberty.

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.