11 posts
6 users
2k+ views
Crush
March 22, 2022 (edited March 22, 2022)
Member since 03/21/2004 🔗
1,271 posts

Yessssss! Most excellent ! Brings be back to the days :

We were searching for Ski Patrol (oooh Tessa is so hot) but bumped into this gem ... high recommend !!! So 100% perfect for spring skiing har har.

Hot Tub Time Machine

E-

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
March 22, 2022
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts
I haven't seen it, but the actor who resented starring in Better Off Dead, made that?
Crush
March 23, 2022 (edited March 23, 2022)
1,271 posts

wfyurasko wrote:

I haven't seen it, but the actor who resented starring in Better Off Dead, made that?

I dunno but it resonated with me just because I am a child in an old body lol - love the Lou send-up at the closing where he is basically Vince Neil in Motley - ha I relate to that !

I think this guy in the cast is my twin-brother unfortunately Rob Corddry ... much to my wife's sadness lol.

oldensign - DCSki Columnist
March 24, 2022
Member since 02/27/2007 🔗
499 posts

"Hot Tub Time Machine" is an awesome ski movie! ...."White Buffalo...White Buffalo..."

Ok it is not "Aspen Extreme" (which Ski Magazine had an excellent article on explaining that the women are really the heroes in that movie)but a great "ski" flick. 

Also just watch "ski patrol" which is terrible but so 80's it hurts. 

Crush
March 24, 2022
1,271 posts

oldensign wrote:

"Hot Tub Time Machine" is an awesome ski movie! ...."White Buffalo...White Buffalo..."

Ok it is not "Aspen Extreme" (which Ski Magazine had an excellent article on explaining that the women are really the heroes in that movie)but a great "ski" flick. 

Also just watch "ski patrol" which is terrible but so 80's it hurts. 

NICCCCE bro! Looking forward to doing a hot tub time machine with you and some hot women at Seven Springs har har; does anyone remember that? Yup that existed way back in the day - tell me what is more sweet than having a cute grl and you run out in the freezing cold and your balls become one nut (borrowing heavy from Charlie's Angles Full throttle) you finally swish-and-settle  ?!?!? Darn !

On the other hand Aspen Extreme had amazing skiers as did Ski Patrol - and funny but watching Scott Schmidt and and Robbie Huntoon in the opening scene skiing at Snowbird and later Alta totally rules!

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
March 25, 2022 (edited March 25, 2022)
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

Hot Dog.  The quintessential....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fuv2oyvTJbI

Crush
March 25, 2022
1,271 posts

pagamony wrote:

Gondola scene bro - I never made it happen but just think as it goes over the rollers at the lift towers how that can work out - right?!

GGNagy
March 26, 2022
Member since 01/5/2006 🔗
504 posts

Speaking of Hotdog's 

youtu.be (NSFW Language)

As a grumpy old man that thinks snow parks are a good slope wasted, this video was a guilty pleasure. 

Only sorry that Hans wasn't on some old school skis. 

pagamony wrote:

wfyurasko - DCSki Supporter 
March 27, 2022
Member since 07/27/2014 🔗
353 posts

pagamony wrote:

youtube.com

I stumbled upon Hot Dog several years ago looking for broomball videos on youtube. It seems to be the only "major" movie with broomball. The whole thing was online then, not sure if it is still up. The finale is there.

One of these years, I'm going to ask a friend of mine who was a film major and a non-skier to review the 1980s ski movies and post his thoughts.

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
March 28, 2022
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
925 posts

oh that's an enhancement I think.  Makes you wonder ...

Crush wrote:

pagamony wrote:

Gondola scene bro - I never made it happen but just think as it goes over the rollers at the lift towers how that can work out - right?!

camp
March 29, 2022
Member since 01/30/2005 🔗
660 posts

wfyurasko wrote:

He resented Better Off Dead??? oh no that questions my whole life

DCSki Sponsor: Past Yonder: A Human's Views on AI

Ski and Tell

Snowcat got your tongue?