Off-Season Construction in Mid-Atlantic
9 posts
7 users
1k+ views
nickhaas212
14 days ago (edited 14 days ago)
Member since 11/13/2019 🔗
49 posts

Looks like Ballhooter got a new paint job. I thought there was a rumor regarding an upgrade to this lift and the current express would be moved over to the terrain park.

1652106805_letnirjsqrmk.jpg

Blue Don 1982 - DCSki Supporter 
13 days ago
Member since 01/13/2008 🔗
1,516 posts

Now they are working on the top.  Alterra announced  $344 MM in capital improvements at their resorts.  Snowshoe was allocated several gallons of Sherwin-Williams paint.

280473168_5403588616328502_2448663268376235453_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&ccb=1-6&_nc_sid=5cd70e&_nc_ohc=A0MtRMzMfKsAX_hl2Mf&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-1.fna&oh=00_AT-DMLGePeYn6j-ZYuNkeyt1j0MkijGvZTdexbwiMse_0A&oe=62805F49 

nickhaas212 wrote:

Looks like Ballhooter got a new paint job. I thought there was a rumor regarding an upgrade to this lift and the current express would be moved over to the terrain park.

1652106805_letnirjsqrmk.jpg

wgo
11 days ago
Member since 02/10/2004 🔗
1,451 posts

Sherwin-Williams? Fancy! 

Blue Don 1982 wrote:

Now they are working on the top.  Alterra announced  $344 MM in capital improvements at their resorts.  Snowshoe was allocated several gallons of Sherwin-Williams paint.

rbrtlav
3 days ago
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
537 posts
Shavers center at snowshoe is now permanently closed. Hopefully they give an update on future plans during the homeowners meetings next week.
Mongo
2 days ago
Member since 02/24/2015 🔗
66 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Shavers center at snowshoe is now permanently closed. Hopefully they give an update on future plans during the homeowners meetings next week.

I saw the FB post. Kind of sad because I remember my kids loved Big Top when they were little, and Shaver Center was the rendezvous before we got in the car to drive home.

pagamony - DCSki Supporter 
yesterday
Member since 02/23/2005 🔗
861 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Last time I was there that was also ski patrol and first aid.  (As I found out first hand :)) Has that already moved somewhere else?  And think of the scouts!  If one of  you owners gets info please post.  I doubt I'll go to shoe this year, again, but I remain interested in it.  

rbrtlav
11 hours ago
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
537 posts

Someone in the Facebook post said the roof partially collapsed last Monday. The depot is in expedition rentals for now and I think bike patrol is in the big top for now.

I don’t believe this was planned, so it’ll be interesting to see what they put together for winter. 

marzNC - DCSki Supporter 
8 hours ago
Member since 12/10/2008 🔗
2,800 posts

rbrtlav wrote:

Someone in the Facebook post said the roof partially collapsed last Monday. The depot is in expedition rentals for now and I think bike patrol is in the big top for now.

I don’t believe this was planned, so it’ll be interesting to see what they put together for winter. 

Is there room for a Sprung structure?  They come in different shapes and sizes.  There are pictures from Taos, Keystone, Bretton Woods on the Sprung website.  The Taos Sprung structure has been there for over six years.

https://www.sprung.com/structures/sports-recreation-buildings/ski-lodges/

rbrtlav
6 hours ago
Member since 12/2/2008 🔗
537 posts
I believe the big top is a structure similar to that and directly next to the shavers center, I’m guessing they will use the big top for some things and maybe put some temporary structure in the expedition/primo lot so they can start construction on the replacement.
DCSki Sponsor: Canaan Valley Resort

Ski and Tell

Speak truth to powder.